• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls from Google Voice are showing my actual phone number..... HELP

I can text, receive text, and also receive calls from my Google Voice #. But when I try to make calls using my google voice # it keeps showing my actual phone number to the people I'm calling.

I've set the phone to ask whether or not to use google voice or actual # and I've also tried the use google voice for all calls and I get the same results for both, it keeps calling from my actual #.

Hopefully I'm making sense with my problem :D Thanks for the help.

PS - I think this has only started happening after I updated to the latest version of google voice.

PSS - I'm running the latest leaked 2.1 (non-root) on an ERIS.

Custom 2.1 ROMS have been causing this problem. Not sure about your situation...you have a leaked ROM but not rooted. So you may be encountering the same issue that Custom ROMs have.

I know on rooted 2.0+ ROMS this problem has already been identified as an issue. You will just have to wait for an official ROM to be released for this problem to be fixed by the carrier...unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Custom 2.1 ROMS have been causing this problem. Not sure about your situation...you have a leaked ROM but not rooted. So you may be encountering the same issue that Custom ROMs have.

I know on rooted 2.0+ ROMS this problem has already been identified as an issue. You will just have to wait for an official ROM to be released for this problem to be fixed by the carrier...unfortunately.

Damn, thx for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones