• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Help/Suggestions

melynbeth

Jan 31, 2010
I've tried to find threads to help with my Evo camera but haven't found any specific to the Evo.
I have been having some issues with my camera and I'm guessing it's operating error. The majority of the pics I am taking are coming up blurry. Granted sometimes the subjects are moving but not very fast.
Also, sometimes when I try to take a picture it won't take right away but other times I barely touch the screen and it snaps. I've already turned off the auto focus. Any ideas?
I know there isn't a continuous shot option like on the Epic but is there a good app to download for that? I tried the continuous shoot app but it wasn't good. I am REALLY open to suggestions, advice, etc. Should I download a different camera app altogether?

Are they blurry during the preview as well or just when you view them in the gallery? Theres a known issue in the gallery that causes them to look blurry unless you zoom just a tad. When viewed on a pc the quality is fine, its the gallery app that's showing out of focus.

When I take a pic, I always snap the pic then wait an extra second after it takes to make sure I don't move while the camera is processing. And don't forget to make sure the lens is still clean

Upvote 0
I also tried your suggestion about changing the ISO and white balance but it didn't seem to help. Any ideas for camera apps that are good or have continuous shutter? Sometimes I take a picture and the quality is amazing and a minute later I take another one and it's blurry. Can't figure it out.

Upvote 0
Okay, for those who dont know. If your photographs are grainy it usually means the ISO is set too high (over 300). The higher the ISO the grainier the photo, the lower the ISO the less grainy. Most of the time, I keep my Focus on Auto and my ISO set between 100 and 300. I found that keeping the rest of my settings at default the EVO takes pretty nice pics.

Also, I agree with "Takirb's" post, some pics looked a little blurry and/or not a detailed on the phone, but when I reviewed the pics on my laptop and/or printed them, they looked awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones