• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I get a reset please?

robr11

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
This is the first time I've tried to root my phone. I've been working for two days now to try to root my dinc 2.3.4. I appreciate all the work people have done, and obviously there is a lot of things that have to be worked out for each user. I'm about to give up, and I just don't want to look through 17 pages of posts to see if there's an answer for me. I followed scotty85's directions, but when it tried to verify the pb31img file it stopped with "Main version is older! Update fail!" And I'm not sure the custom recovery is working either, as when I try to do anything I just get the orange circle under the hat icon and it never changes. If someone could help me, or just tell me if I'll ever get this thing rooted, that would be great. If you could direct me to a particular thread that solves this issue, that would also be great. I don't mean to ask repetitive questions, but it's approaching the point that it's not worth it. Thanks to everyone for their work.

Welcome! Android Forum is a friendly place for discussion, learning and help. We love to welcome new members who want to be a part of this community.
It's nice to have you aboard....Make sure to click Android- Phones - Or click Android-Tablets. From there scroll down to your device model - You can then join your device's area of discussion - where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.
There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums. I would suggest, now that you are a member of AF, that you log into the root section for your Incredible and ask for some help. I'm sure someone in there with experience will be happy to give you a solid proven path to follow. Members help members... that's the great advantage to joining these great forums vs looking in from the outside. Have fun and best of luck to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones