• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I get out of my contract???

mike12806

Jun 12, 2011
Just got my latest Sprint Bill and saw it noted that there were "changes to Sprints policies" on page 2...after some investigating and a phone call to support I was told they would be increasing my insurance fee by $1.00. In my eyes, I think this should be enough to get out of my contract. Anyone else noticed this / had any success? Sprint is so awful in my area I just want to get rid of them!

My best advice is to evaluate how you are with electronics. If you're careful with your electronics and take reasonable care, then don't pay for any insurance at all.

If you're not attentive or careful or are somewhat destructive with your property, then it may be worth paying for the insurance.

I have used cellphones since the 90's, and I have never lost / broken / damaged any phone I've used, so I choose not to pay for insurance (the smartest money move).

If you really want insurance, I think the Sprint offered insurance is probably the most convenient and best out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones