• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can i get the Root from X18i?

jean2013

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
Recently I bought a X18i from LoveBargaining website (Sorry linking is not permitted for me at this moment)

This model is similar to Sony Xperia Arc. It has 2.3.4 Android and many features but It misses other for me important as Google Talk and other I would like to uninstall (chinese apps).

Anybody can help me for rooting this phone? I tried many methods for other models but I couldn't.

Is it possible to put other ROM than installed?

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,
I too just bought an x18i from a Chinese/hongkong website, the phone has an android 2.3.6. I'm now looking for some answers to the following:

1.0 How can I transfers my Phone books contents from previous android (H3000)
1.0 How do I check it's RAM (which I'm told is 512Mb). The internal memory (ROM) appears as 140mb & that too was supposed to be 512Mb on the website. leI don't have the System info app on my mobi
2.0 How can I have different skin themes, the phone currently shows only two & I just saw a youtube demo which shows lovely 3D screens on the same model..
3.0 How can I voice navigation.
I look forward to your advice / comments!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones