Can I remove Polaris Office and if so how?Support

1. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I want to remove Polaris Office but seems I can't get removed. I drag it to the trash can. But it is still there.:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

You have to be rooted to remove bloatware. An alternative might be disabling it. Go to settings, applications, press all and scroll down to Polaris, then press disable.
  3. Galaxy Tab2 47

Polaris is not shown in my applications.:rolleyes:
  4. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

GT2 47... make sure when you're in the Application Manager that you slide the title bar (right to left) and tap on ALL. You should see it then.
    AnciusD likes this.
  5. Galaxy Tab2 47

Thank you I found it it was not easy to get it to show, took some dragging to make the all show How many other Apps can I turn off without causing other Apps to have problems?
  6. jrowlings

There are other forums with posts about what can be disabled on Android phones... don't know if there's one for the GT2. Further... there are probably more you can disable than the following list of the apps I disabled. I was being fairly conservative to start out.

ChatON
    Game Hub
    Google Play Books
    Google Play Movies & TV
    Google Play Music
    Kobo
    Media Hub
    Peel Smart Remote
    Polaris Office

Would love to hear from others for additional apps that can be disabled.
  7. Galaxy Tab2 47

A few of these listed Apps. say "Force stop Remove updates" and not just disable as with others. What does this really mean?
  8. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I would have never known that! I thought that there were just the two tabs Downloaded and Running. :eek:
  9. Galaxy Tab2 47

Took me a while to find it as it's hidden from view on my Tab2. I am now using Kingsoft Office, a much better choice.
  10. jrowlings

I didn't encounter any "force stops". Several will say "uninstall updates"... which you need to do to get the app back to the factory version which you can then disable. I would probably not disable a app that is running... what's the worst that can happen by not disabling?... you get updates and it remains high in the app list... livable.
  11. Galaxy Tab2 47

I guess it's not a really big deal as the Tab2 is more of a toy, then a device I depend on for doing important things.;)
  12. hkmk23

hkmk23 Well-Known Member

Its a fantastic sat nav device with copilot live, other than that unfortunately I agree with you. But for navigation it is not overpriced.