• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can i trick an app into thinking i'm on 2.1?

jasonb1985

Android Expert
Jan 5, 2010
XiiaLive has blocked all AAC+ streams from working on android 2.2 until the whole AAC+ debacle is resolved. i did adrynalyne's new audio fix so i am willing to bet that XiiaLive will now work with the AAC+ streams if they weren't blocked altogether.

so can i somehow trick XiiaLive into thinking i am running 2.1 and get my AAC+ streams back?

will a build prop tweak accomplish this?

It might. However, it could break other things in the process.

so far i am really not impressed with 2.2 and i'm getting tired of it. soooo many things are broken or not compatible with 2.2.

google needs to get their shit together, and so do a lot of app developers i guess.

mandatory updates shouldn't be breaking things. obviously we haven't gotten out update yet, but the evo owners are having the same problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones