• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Metropcs smart phone (samsung galaxy exhibit) connect to wifi if I disconnect Metropcs serivce??

nellai

Lurker
Jan 22, 2014
Hi,
New to the forum.
I am going to buy MetroPcs to reduce my monthly bills. Have seen on this forum that the MetroPcs phone will connect to wifi even if I disconnect the services from Metropcs.
But when I talk to the rep. there in the store she said it should be unlocked.
Can any one confirm this?
Can I use the phone for common browsing and other things as I am using my Ipod touch on free wifi even if I cancel the services with Metropcs?

I assume the phones are locked. If I want to switch to other providers with that phone then it has to be unlocked. That part is correct. But for connecting to wifi what is the situation?

Is any one in Seattle area using Metropcs and say how good their coverage is?
All these things are so confusing after the MetroPcs and TMobile merger.

Thanks in advance
Nellai

Hi nellai and welcome to AF. You will want to check into the discussion area for the Exhibit for the definitive answer to your question. Here is a link to that area:
Samsung Exhibit 4G - Android Forums
Samsung Exhibit 2 4G - Android Forums
Follow the link that applies and good luck. Thanks for using these forums. I hope you will return once you buy a new phone and use these forums for all of your support and camaraderie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones