• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone tell me why we can't get a 32 or 64 gig phone?

I went to a shop today to have a 2nd look at the S4 (I briefly looked at one a couple of weeks ago), and today cancelled my order for a 64gb exynos S4...

Quite frankly, as I first thought, the screen is appalling, in that it's so dark, even on max brightness, I'm not going to put up with it. No point having 440ppi if you don't get to enjoy it.

Upvote 0
If you turn off the auto flesh tone setting, brightness/contrast improves big time. So much so, a few media sites point this out.

The display is very good, especially if you have the S3 for reference. The only thing that sucks IMO on the S4 is the storage issue with no options for larger sizes for the Qualcomm version unless Att customer.

Update:

I was told straight up by a rep that Verizon (of course) knows you can not add apps via sd card, but this is why they have all been trained to say for ALL S4 storage and 32GB complaints, "There are currently no details on a 32GB model, but you can easily add up to 64GB storage with a micro sd card". They are playing semantics games with their customers. The slip is when some paraphrase and call out specifically that apps can. Not part of the script.

There is still no Verizon SKU in their point of sale system showing anything and my buddy thinks this is proof there are no plans for one. That said, nobody has told him they will not carry one and neither has the Samsung rep. Perhaps because Verizon wants to sell one model and throw their BS line about expandable storage. I think I am at -10% chance now, rather than 0%. Given VZW apparent intentional effort to say nothing and mislead about the 16GB, perhaps a negative chance is logical....

A sad voice in my little brain is saying, "Just let it go". If I were not such a stubborn SOB I probably would and should. Meh.

Upvote 0
Hi
Lots of people are upset that there isn't a S4 32GB in Canada.
I just got off the phone with a supervisor from Samsung Canada(Hayden)
Call 1-800-726-7864 cell phones and ask to speak to a supervisor and let him know you want a 32gb version of the S4

Or go to this link right hand side voice of customer click on email and request a 32gb version of S4
Contact us - Samsung

The quicker and the more people that do this will result in us getting the 32gb sooner than later.
good.gif

Thanks
Greg Joplin
good.gif

Reactions: Shocky and Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I tell you why I need 32 gb because i use google music and when you pin a song to download on my galaxy s3 it saves it to internal memory. Google somehow downloads it to some hidden folder and i can not transfer from internal to my external memory card through the file system. Now with google music all access i have no more room. I either need a 32gb galaxy s4 or google needs to change this.

Eric

Upvote 0
One more final post in this S4 forum thread: I was told today by another rep there are no plans for now to carry the S4 32GB. Considering no product SKU exists, this seems the best answer to accept.

Verizon can bite it real good for not letting people know for sure, in a publicly stated capacity. Real simple to do, but probably all part of their brilliant in their own mind, J-Lo loving arrogance.

Added: I find I am not alone in that the VZW "Big announcement" was not the big.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones