• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can the Rezound be used on Sprint?

MonsterMaxx

Apr 9, 2010
I am about to have a monster fight with Verizon.

First off, I'm a reluctant Verizon customer, was happy with Alltel. :(

I've got a grandfathered 1000 minute for $49 plan. With Unlimited data and all the taxes this makes for a $96/ month bill.

I had to go to Mexico for a week a month or so ago. Called *611 while sitting in the airport. Lady told me that for $50 I could get a supplemental coverage and that she would mark it so that it fell off in 15 days, that this would cover me for Mexico.

Fast forward to today. Verizon has eliminated my plan, put me into another plan which will make for a $159/month bill and no longer has unlimited data so this could go up significantly if I want to do something totally ridiculous like listen to music.

My bill as it stands today is $1000. Needless to say they are screwing me over and I'm not going to stand for it. If it's $1000 on the line I'd rather give it to my lawyer than these scumbags.

Anyway, wondering if my hardware is any good. Can I root it? ICS? Or whatever and use it on Sprint's network? Or is my hardware garbage?

I HATE Verizon. They have wasted more of my time than I can possibly count since taking over Alltel. It's ridiculous and I'm done.

Keep bitching at them they will fix it.

+1 - Unlike AT&T (and even more so than Sprint) Verizon customer service will eventually bend over backwards for you. You'll have to be persistent and politeness counts, but they will come to some compromise with you that'll be better than what you have if you threaten to leave. You won't get your old Alltel plan back but I'm sure they can get you a better deal than that to keep you on. Remember, they loose more money than you do if you jump ship from their service so it's in their best interest to keep you on and (somewhat) happy. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, WA_Bob makes a good point. Be polite and calm. Explain to them how unhappy you are now, that you want the charges removed and the old plan back. Talk and document and talk and document. Make sure you get names of the people you talk to and the times you called.

Continually remind them how unhappy you are with their billing, the fact that they are screwing you out of the plan you had, and that you are going to switch companies if this continues. Also mention that after you switch, you are going to file detailed information about all of these conversations and their unfair billing practices with the FCC.

If that fails, just switch. F them.

Go with Sprint. $79 a month for unlimited everything (except some screwy thing with a limit on calls to a landline, which I never call.)

Likely the beautiful Rezound will be worthless and unuseable. Put it back in its original packaging and shove it in the corner of your attic and forget about it. In 30 years it will be a rare and ancient artifact from a simpler time and people will marvel at it.

Upvote 0
Cell phone provider's will work with you. They are certainly not the only game in town. If you're an on-time and paying customer then there is even more reason for them to work with you. Threaten to pay ETF and leave (even though financially it doesn't make sense), they will bend over for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones