• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can you Please stop Posting titles like Rooting a EVO w/ Gingerbread

tattedman

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2011
La Puente CA
tattedman.us
Can we please stop making topics like "Rooting a EVO w/ Gingerbread"
unless you have a root method haha it keeps getting my hopes up. its bugging me so much (even though its not my phone) that there is no root method..... lately I find myself checking here and xda every couple hours for a root method..... I can't wait till someone finds a method as htc is breaking their promise of unlocked bootloaders.

Every time I see that topic or something similar I get a feeling of joy then to just have it smashed into a million pieces that its just the same question asked over again for the billionth time......

AS OF 6/24/2011 5:42PM PST (8:42PM Eastern) There is NO ROOT METHOD FOR GINGERBREAD

For those of you that get offended I do apologize... I don't mean to come off as a jerk I just have an abrasive personality :D

This has been a rant by tattedman

ok i get it. a lot of us are as frustrated and anxious as you are that an exploit has not been found yet. and i get it that some people just do not know how to do a search on this forum. but the main object of this forum is not necessarily to rant at people. this forum is designed to be informative and a place where one can come and ask questions.

on that note just keep checking back here. there will be a sticky with the how to's. if you do not see a sticky, then it is safe to say that no new root has been found.

Upvote 0
ok i get it. a lot of us are as frustrated and anxious as you are that an exploit has not been found yet. and i get it that some people just do not know how to do a search on this forum. but the main object of this forum is not necessarily to rant at people. this forum is designed to be informative and a place where one can come and ask questions.

on that note just keep checking back here. there will be a sticky with the how to's. if you do not see a sticky, then it is safe to say that no new root has been found.

Well said.

Upvote 0
LoL, I agree, with the o/p a little. Searching for threads on rooting the 2.3.3 gingerbread turned up everyones failed attempts. I just got my phone in the mail last week and it's got 2.3.3. I spent a hour trying to root it/reading troubleshooting and finally found out 2.3.3 couldn't be rooted. I'm still a little confused on whether or not you can load a older firmware version on the rom and then root it. I don't see any specific threads on it.

Upvote 0
LoL, I agree, with the o/p a little. Searching for threads on rooting the 2.3.3 gingerbread turned up everyones failed attempts. I just got my phone in the mail last week and it's got 2.3.3. I spent a hour trying to root it/reading troubleshooting and finally found out 2.3.3 couldn't be rooted. I'm still a little confused on whether or not you can load a older firmware version on the rom and then root it. I don't see any specific threads on it.

You cNt flash older roms or hboots... I have tried many ways with fail im about to pull out my good old fix it toll a sledge hammer haha ya ppl at xda are rude except if your a dev and you can prove your skills o yeah and you dont ask questions at all

Im waiting for this phone to get root and waiting till moto unlocks cliq 2 bootloader lets break out some popcorn and see what happens first hehe

Upvote 0

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unfortunately there is currently no exploit found yet. some people who were rooted then accepted the ota who had still had s-off, supposedly were able to use a ruu to downgrade to 2.2 then root using unrevoked. but if you do not have s-off then you will have to wait. all the stuff i have seen will not work. believe me this forum will explode when the exploit is found.

Upvote 0

I don't think that'll work. I've read of people downgrading after updating, but not if the device came with GB.

Probably better off waiting it out.

Damn, ocn beat me to it. (and no html codes >< )

Upvote 0
It feels like forever but its been (corect me if im wrong) a little over a week since the ota
Ya thats why im rooting this phone for my buddie I enjoy rooting ever since my first android... And im in process of buildin a rom for cliq 2...... Ha at this point I will call in sick if they get a root before I start any day just to root it ha

Upvote 0
Ight, Thanks folks! Hope it comes out soon. How long has 2.3.3 been out and people been waiting on a root? I just want to get the free mobile hotspot LoL

Let's see, the first post on this thread says it was the thrid of this month.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-ota-update-w-rooted-evo-vs-unrooted-evo.html

Oh yeah, ya need the free mobile hotspot. But until then, you can try the free wired tether with pda net (i believe, check the forums, it's out there somewhere)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ya I hate bloatware... According to phan sprint is going to allow you to remove bloatware on a stock system on new phones

Hmm.. I don't know. I guess I'll believe it when I see it (not to go against anything anyone has said). To me, it seems like sprint probably has to pay to get that crap on phones, then if I can just get rid of it, kinda seems like they are wasting their effort/money.

It would be nice. Blockbuster and NOVA pushed me into rooting in the first place.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. I don't know. I guess I'll believe it when I see it (not to go against anything anyone has said). To me, it seems like sprint probably has to pay to get that crap on phones, then if I can just get rid of it, kinda seems like they are wasting their effort/money.

It would be nice. Blockbuster and NOVA pushed me into rooting in the first place.

Off topic but whats sprints stand on rooting? Tmo reps tell me all the time and I pretend I dont know what they talking about and I jst wanted to see how sprint is

Upvote 0
in my experience it really depends on who you talk to. for me i'm cool with my local sprint store and the techs there. but i have heard stories about techs who will not touch the phone if it is rooted. even if it is a hardware issue.
Yeah, I've heard things like that too. And it's ridiculous, hardware is hardware. I'd understand them not trying to fix a software issue if I fubar'd my phone. But if the usb port breaks, that's completely un-related.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm somewhat of a noob with this stuff, but I've had my rooted evolution for a year or so and I run my mobile business off its wireless tethering. I just had my evolution replaced through insurance and of course it came with GB... I'm desperate for my tethering back and I know I need it rooted. My question is: I still have my old evolution and the SD card with my Rome, img files, kernals, titanium bu, and my nandriod back up files.... is there any way to use my old. nandriod bu files to revert my new phone to my old egos last backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones