• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canadian Motorola Milestone Connection

Wow, retailers hording techniques at their best... I cant believe how much money motorola would have made if they would just release the damn phone in US instead of being such assholes and putting us through this.

I'm just going to wait until they drop to $500's(US), where they should be to begin with. That is if nothing else cool comes out by then, and if it does oh well its their loss.
First no support of custom ROM's now this shit, no wonder motorola is on the brink of extintion in the cellphone market, they make some stupid policies which in the end ends up hurting them.:rolleyes:

Most likely the reason they have not released it for ATT is because they signed an exclusive agreement with Verizon. I'm sure that Verizon agreement makes them more money.

As for it being $599 cdn, that's not up to Moto. They sell the phones to Telus at a certain price point and Telus in turn rapes their customers, as is the way in Canada

Upvote 0
As you know, Telus recently bought Blacks photography and sell they Telus phones in their stores. The current offer is a $75 gift certificate (which can be put towards the cost of the phone) if you buy the Milestone at Blacks.

I bought my Milestone last Saturday, and since the Telus store was next to the Blacks store in the Mall, I first tried Blacks. However, Blacks had just received a bulletin that their stock of Milestone would not arrive until today (a week after the Telus stores got theirs).

I wonder if someone bought a dozen phones at Blacks to sell on e-Bay, they would get a dozen gift certificates as well. That would be better than a $10 "commission" on a deal that seems to be a lot of trouble.

Upvote 0
As you know, Telus recently bought Blacks photography and sell they Telus phones in their stores. The current offer is a $75 gift certificate (which can be put towards the cost of the phone) if you buy the Milestone at Blacks.

I bought my Milestone last Saturday, and since the Telus store was next to the Blacks store in the Mall, I first tried Blacks. However, Blacks had just received a bulletin that their stock of Milestone would not arrive until today (a week after the Telus stores got theirs).

I wonder if someone bought a dozen phones at Blacks to sell on e-Bay, they would get a dozen gift certificates as well. That would be better than a $10 "commission" on a deal that seems to be a lot of trouble.

If I'm not mistaken, that gift card is only for new 3 year voice and data plans.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones