• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canceled Preorder

AppsRUs

Apr 6, 2010
East Coast
Preordered from Gamestop. Original receive date: August 7th. Visited the store last week to get any updates. New receive date: September 30th. Had purchased the 16GB version with a $65 trade-in credit taking it down to $204 total.

Am I upset? No. So why did I cancel? Well...

...having that long to think on it and my finances, I thought the $204 could be invested into something else for the time being. By the time I would have gotten the tablet, a day later it would have been October, and that's 31 days away from November, which brings us to Black Friday. I am 75% sure there will be either some discount, Play Store credit---something offered on this tablet in preparation for the holiday season. If true, I'll get it at its discounted price with the store credit on top of that and/or spend the extra on accessories.

Just thought I would share! If you NEED the tablet NOW, then by all means, but if you're in my situation, think on it and see if you can't hold out a little longer. :)

Preordered from Gamestop. Original receive date: August 7th. Visited the store last week to get any updates. New receive date: September 30th. Had purchased the 16GB version with a $65 trade-in credit taking it down to $204 total.

Am I upset? No. So why did I cancel? Well...

...having that long to think on it and my finances, I thought the $204 could be invested into something else for the time being. By the time I would have gotten the tablet, a day later it would have been October, and that's 31 days away from November, which brings us to Black Friday. I am 75% sure there will be either some discount, Play Store credit---something offered on this tablet in preparation for the holiday season. If true, I'll get it at its discounted price with the store credit on top of that and/or spend the extra on accessories.

Just thought I would share! If you NEED the tablet NOW, then by all means, but if you're in my situation, think on it and see if you can't hold out a little longer. :)

I was planning on another of these soon-ish, but after reading this, I think I'm going to wait until Black Friday, as well. For now, I'll enjoy the hell out of my 8gb :-D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones