Can't Boot into Recovery

Last Updated:

1. p3tr01d

p3tr01d Member This Topic's Starter

hi...got a bit of a prob.
    I reflashed back to stock recovery to try a different rom and now I can't seem to boot into recovery. I was using velocity 0.2 with the JIT OC kernel and rom manager using the clockwork mod recovery. after flashing back to VS740ZV6_01 and rerooting and reapplying the clockwork mod recovery I cant seem to load any new roms or backups because the phone hangs at lg screen on reboot. have to pull the battery and it will then reboot normally but no recovery. also trying to hard reset results in hanging at lg screen. in addition, market app is missing. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Try pulling the battery and while the battery is out hold the power button for 20 or 30 seconds put the battery but in a see if it boots.

3. p3tr01d

I'll try that. Right now I am running a backup of current rom. It seems to be the only way that it will boot into recovery, not that i can do anything, the process is completely automated.

4. p3tr01d

wouldn't you know the thing made a liar out of me. After running a backup of current rom it is now in the process of installing velocity 0.2 again. we'll see how well it works after this.

5. Jdcbolt03

Jdcbolt03 New Member

Okay so today my girlfriends ally was off when we woke up and when she tried to turn it on it went into infinate bootloop at the android screen right after the verizon screen. i tried to reboot into recovery but when i hold send menu power it goes to the lg screen then the verizon screen then the recovery guy pops up for like a split second and goes away.... i have never had this problem with her phone before and have flashed quite a few roms and have a few nandroids on there. all i need to do is get into recovery so i can restore a backup... any ideas would help greatly!!!!! tyia