• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Find or Play Certain Videos on YouTube?

spfulfill

Nov 18, 2009
I was trying to find a video on YouTube on my Droid that I could easily find on my computer, but I could not get the video to come up in the YouTube search using my Droid. I tried this in the YouTube app and the browser, but I got the same results. For this particular search, my Droid came up with 4 results, and my computer 20 results. I've also done google searches for particular videos, only to get a "video not compatible with YouTube mobile" (or something like that). Are these 2 issues related? Is my search on my Droid only finding mobile-compatible videos?

I happened to search for the same particular video (now a week later vs. 2 days after the video was uploaded), and it now comes up in my search. Seems very odd, but it seems like there was a delay for this video to appear in my search results on the Droid. The biggest question I have is this: What makes a video "not compatible" with YouTube's application or mobile site? Are there different video formats on YouTube?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones