Can't Find or Play Certain Videos on YouTube?Support

Last Updated:

1. spfulfill

spfulfill Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to find a video on YouTube on my Droid that I could easily find on my computer, but I could not get the video to come up in the YouTube search using my Droid. I tried this in the YouTube app and the browser, but I got the same results. For this particular search, my Droid came up with 4 results, and my computer 20 results. I've also done google searches for particular videos, only to get a "video not compatible with YouTube mobile" (or something like that). Are these 2 issues related? Is my search on my Droid only finding mobile-compatible videos?

Advertisement
  2. MysteryloverAnne

MysteryloverAnne Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing (usually from following links in Facebook or Twitter)...very odd indeed. :confused:

3. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Same here!

4. spfulfill

spfulfill Member This Topic's Starter

I happened to search for the same particular video (now a week later vs. 2 days after the video was uploaded), and it now comes up in my search. Seems very odd, but it seems like there was a delay for this video to appear in my search results on the Droid. The biggest question I have is this: What makes a video "not compatible" with YouTube's application or mobile site? Are there different video formats on YouTube?

5. VarianceX77

VarianceX77 New Member

Not all videos are available for your android device. As the android userbase grows, the formatting and conversions will speed up.