Can't find top-up cards under the new plan denominations..?

Last Updated:

1. amk2795

amk2795 Well-Known Member

It's been since, what, June or July that VM bumped up the prices of their Beyond Talk Plans? I can't find Top-Up cards anywhere in the $35/$45/$55 denominations, only $25/$40/$60/etc. I've been to 7-11, Walgreens, Walmart, Dominick's, Jewel, and Radioshack, and the only place I've found the $35 card is at Best Buy, which is too far from my house to be able to get to. You're probably thinking "Just get over yourself and buy the $40 card and shut up", but I live in an area where tax is about 10% and the $35 card will come out to nearly $40 anyway and I can't afford to spend $45 on the $40 card because I'd have to hit myself if I was spending an extra $10 and not on the $45 plan! BAH!

And I can't Top-Up online.

2. UnixPimp

UnixPimp Well-Known Member

You should be able to go into Radio Shack and just purchase the top up amount you want at the register. You do not need to buy a card, and the salesperson should be able to apply the top up amount to your account via their computer system.
  3. amk2795

amk2795 Well-Known Member

Are you positive that you can do this?
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

I recommend calling (if you still have minutes left, or access to a landline) Radioshack and talking to a store manager just to be certain. ;)
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

And with the change stores were supposed to start carrying a card and you pick the denomination at the register, not sure if this change never went through or if stores just have this many of the old cards.

I buy mine from callingmart, I get a $30 card for $28.01.
  6. UnixPimp

UnixPimp Well-Known Member

I have done it before. The sales person asked me how much I wanted to add, and he rang up that amount, plus the local taxes. He gave be a printed receipt with the pin code or whatever they call it.

Like another poster mentioned, I would call your local Radio Shack first and check with them.
  7. arp734

arp734 New Member

I wanted to let everyone know that you do NOT have to keep buying cards constantly. You CAN reuse you're top up cards and just reload the amounts on them.

As far as your topup issue not being in the denominations I'd suggest biting the bullet and spend the extra money. If you add $40 and your plan is $35 then you'll have a $5 credit for next month, provided you don't buy anything from virgin mobile using your account balance. But if you can't afford the extra money with the 10% tax, try buying your denomination at or the like. If you don't have a debit/credit card, then get a prepaid debit card. Just check the fees as to how you would use it. If you can't afford that then I'd move out of state!
  8. SenorDonGato

SenorDonGato New Member

I purchased a Top Up card yesterday at 7-Eleven. It's a newer version the "MULTI Top Card". Allows you to add $10, $25, $35, $40, $45 or $55. It is also rechargeable.

Seems this updated card will cover the older and the newer plans.
    hiwatt likes this.
  9. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

i have had one of those cards since about july when i replaced my intercept for the opV. best damn option to take if you cant top up online (no cred/debit card), or refuse to give virgin your card info.

My card still has the old denominations on it, but the 7-11's and wal marts around have all the new ones. and you can just put whatever you want on the card anyway.
  10. Allaneato

Allaneato Well-Known Member

How do you get it for that? They only offer a 1% discount and don't have codes for VM...?
  11. MacFett

There is a code in one of the threads around here.
  12. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

The code is(was) ca3p-1207 for 3% off but unfortunately is no longer selling VM top up cards. At least they weren't today. I had to get mine from instead. I did a search about callingmart and saw some other forum responses that said callingmart is no longer carrying VM top up cards. I know they did not have them one time this year and it was because of demand due to a misprint about a sale. Maybe they are gone for good from callingmart???
  13. MacFett

Guess I will have to find another place to buy my cards.
  14. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member worked for me. They have Paypal as a choice to checkout which works for me. They will call you after your first order is placed but supposedly they won't after that. They called me within five minutes of placing the order.
  15. Whyzor

Whyzor Well-Known Member - It's easy to call home has them at 5% off face value without taxes (23.75 for $25 cards), instant email PIN, has a reward system, & accepts paypal for security.

My referral code: 32nhkx