• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant Mount..(solved)

PRallday168

Android Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2012
I dont see a thread on this. maybe i missed it but, i returned to stock on my admire and wen i boot into recovery at the bottom it says cant mount dev/st114 blah blah.. ill post a pic . anyone know how to fix it ? . ive been trying to flash roms but it wont flash because of this . the pic shows that i dont have cwm . but wen i do intall cwm its the same thing.

EDIT: ok so wen i also install cwm v5.0.2.7 this what shows up i think its the same thing but different wording iguess . its just frustrating because of all the awsome roms that I CANT flash lol .

Attachments

• IMG084.jpg
    IMG084.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 101
I dont see a thread on this. maybe i missed it but, i returned to stock on my admire and wen i boot into recovery at the bottom it says cant mount dev/st114 blah blah.. ill post a pic . anyone know how to fix it ? . ive been trying to flash roms but it wont flash because of this . the pic shows that i dont have cwm . but wen i do intall cwm its the same thing.

EDIT: ok so wen i also install cwm v5.0.2.7 this what shows up i think its the same thing but different wording iguess . its just frustrating because of all the awsome roms that I CANT flash lol .

this:

Attachments

• IMG086.jpg
    IMG086.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: beyondthecosmo
Upvote 0
whenever I was using CWM 2.0.5.8 and flashed black to 2.0.5.7 i would get the those errors but they never really affected anything. the only things that i couldnt do want mount/format anything but to remove those i would just use one of my backups and they would disappear.. i also think that a factory reset clears them but dont hold me to that.

Upvote 0
whenever I was using CWM 2.0.5.8 and flashed black to 2.0.5.7 i would get the those errors but they never really affected anything. the only things that i couldnt do want mount/format anything but to remove those i would just use one of my backups and they would disappear.. i also think that a factory reset clears them but dont hold me to that.

its pretty weird to me as it affects almost everything on my admire . like even now that i returned to stock with no root . i try and root with updated drivers and it wont let me now. idid a factory reset btw . maybe the the system files itself are corrupt ?

Upvote 0
i assume you used odin to return to stock?? and have you tried restoring any backup you might have or one found on here?? i cant remember where but of one of these threads there was a guy who had the same problem. i would say to try return to stock again via Odin again which is what i assume you used in the first place. some people have reported that issue and redoing the Odin flash fixes

Upvote 0
i assume you used odin to return to stock?? and have you tried restoring any backup you might have or one found on here?? i cant remember where but of one of these threads there was a guy who had the same problem. i would say to try return to stock again via Odin again which is what i assume you used in the first place. some people have reported that issue and redoing the Odin flash fixes

yea i have used odin to flash back to stock multiple times to see if the errors would change . but it didnt .

Upvote 0
5.0.2.8 formats the phone to ext4, this is why u get mount errors trying to wipe an ext4 partition with 5.0.2.7.

cant install the roms that need an ext4 partition with 5.0.2.7 simply because they wont be formatted right and will cause you to bootloop.

5.0.2.8 recovery link

flash this through cwm, reboot recovery, wipe and install your roms :)

cheers. you know what button to click.

Reactions: PRallday168
Upvote 0
5.0.2.8 formats the phone to ext4, this is why u get mount errors trying to wipe an ext4 partition with 5.0.2.7.

cant install the roms that need an ext4 partition with 5.0.2.7 simply because they wont be formatted right and will cause you to bootloop.

5.0.2.8 recovery link

Will try this when i get home .! thnks .!

Upvote 0

5.0.2.8 recovery link

yupp worked like a charm ! Thanks bro .!

Upvote 0
this what happened. installed stock eho2 using odin. (worked but got wifi error) then used odin again to install cwm 2.7 . then i wiped and formatted what im suppose to then flashed monster 4 which works with 2.7. everything went good. so then i flashed 2.8 so that i can flash monster 5.. so 2.8 worked great then flashed monster 5 and it rebooted each time to either recovery or the beginning of recovery where it ses android and stays there until i take off battery . so idid a full install again of stock eho2 with odin. and thats when my pc culdnt recognize the phone but the phone says charging wen i plug to the pc . SUCKS .! lol

Upvote 0
this what happened. installed stock eho2 using odin. (worked but got wifi error) then used odin again to install cwm 2.7 . then i wiped and formatted what im suppose to then flashed monster 4 which works with 2.7. everything went good. so then i flashed 2.8 so that i can flash monster 5.. so 2.8 worked great then flashed monster 5 and it rebooted each time to either recovery or the beginning of recovery where it ses android and stays there until i take off battery . so idid a full install again of stock eho2 with odin. and thats when my pc culdnt recognize the phone but the phone says charging wen i plug to the pc . SUCKS .! lol
try uninstallign and reinstalling drivers or boot back into download mode and start again.

odin flash stock eh02 > admire-cwm.zip in odin. (2.7)
backup nandroid
clear all.
restore boot from nandroid
flash stock ++ > 2.8
backup nandroid
clear data cache and dalvik cache
restore boot from eh02 in 1st nandroid.
reboot. if it stays stuck on the samsung screen, restore the eh02 nandroid and let it boot to the lockscreen.
if the screens black and butttons sre lit upon touch (dont touch power) - let it load a bit. if it take more than 45 minutes, clear all in cwm.
flash 900 kernel, reboot cwm.
flash monster 5 regular or super.

make sure u mount data/system when wiping and flashing zips.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones