Can't read contacts from SIM cardSupport

1. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Active Member

Hello,

I have a new Xperia X10, into which I placed my old SIM card. Before I bought the handset, the shopman kindly upgraded Android 1.6 to 2.1 for me. However, when I go to the contact list, it claims "Cannot read from SIM..." and the only contacts I have are the ones I've inserted manually. I've made no changes to the handset aside from downloading two free little puzzle apps.

I would like to be able to read my SIM card though; there's a lot of contacts on it, and I don't fancy entering them all from scratch again.

Can anybody help?

By the way, I am new to Android, having had my phone for only 24 hours.

Thanks very much!

cheers,
    -A.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Open up your contacts.
    Go to Menu, (Contacts???) import contacts

This should restore all your contacts.

Only problem I found with this though, is that it restores them all TWICE, so you will have to go manually delete every duplicate. Sure beats entering them in manually though :)
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You should be able to import from your Sim card altho you can't choose to continuously use your Sim as the method of storage as you could on the older 'dumb' phones where you could choose between phone memory or sim storage. As stated above, open your Phonebook, press Menu and there is an option to Import Contacts, select this and you will be given the choice of Sim Card or SD Card.
  4. bajangaja

bajangaja New Member

i have tried to import contacts from sim on my sony experia x10i, procces is running, but contacts is still says can't read from sim card...

please help me...
  5. kevmars

kevmars Well-Known Member

ive got the same problem with the cannot read sim. It isnt a problem as it only tries to read your sim card for your number not the contacts. Follow rosered and dbnguy on how to import your contacts