• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't receive calls when using bluetooth audio

ianr

Android Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2009
Hello all, when I am playing music through something like some bluetooth speakers or the N1 desk dock, when I receive an incoming call the ringtone plays through both the phone speaker and the attached bluetooth device, but when I answer the call I can't hear the caller and the caller can't hear me. In neither case is the bluetooth device set to connect to anything other than media audio, i.e. it's not set to connect to phone audio. Is anyone else getting this? I can make calls without problems, just pick up the phone, dial and the music pauses and restarts once the call has ended, but answering calls isn't possible.

Note that I'm connecting to the dock or speakers manually, not relying on the phone doing it automatically when I put the phone in the dock, this is so I can pick the phone up to check my calendar for example without the music stopping. It's very annoying to find that when connecting to devices to play music, I can no longer speak on telephone calls!

This is on Froyo FRF91.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones