• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't receive text messages

Bodiex1

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
I have a HTC Inspire 4G, unlocked, now running on straight talk. I recently purchased a att compatible sim card on ebay. T-mobile coverage is awful in my area. I had everything ported over to the new sim, but now I can't receive text from everyone. I can get text from myself, other straight talk users, and tracfone users. My wife has tmobile, and I cannot receive text from her phone, others can get text from her, so its not on her end, I've talked to straight talk for the longest and no one seems to know an answer. Anyone ever experience this, and maybe know a solution. Thanks. I had no problem receiving text on the old sim card I had, just bad service where I work, which is where I need the phone the most.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones