• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't recieve calls from a specific number

TomLeyton

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
Hey,

I have an odd problem... I can't receive calls from a specific number since yesterday, the call doesn't show on my phone when the person is dialing, but later when I go into the call history I do see the call, with a blue crossed circle near it that has an A letter near it..

I tried looking it up and can't understand what it means... I tried to remove the number from the person in my contact list, but it is still no help..

Can anybody please explain what does that symbol mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks!
Tomy

Try going into contacts and long press on that contact, you will have a list come up scroll through the list and you 3rd from bottom you will see either ADD TO BLACK LIST or REMOVE FROM BLACK LIST, if it shows REMOVE then you have accidentally blocked that caller, just click on REMOVE

or
do have any call blocking / filtering software on your phone do you ?? id you you may have accidentally blocked that tel no from coming through

Upvote 0
i am having the exact same problem. Its is my girlfreinds number aswell which is being blocked. i have looked at my block list, she wasnt blocked, i even tried blocking and unblocking her, diddnt help. when she rings, my phone lights up but does not ring, she says that it connects and then cuts straight off. this is very annoying, yet it is a good excuse to ignore her when im down the pub. Could really do with some help with this one, i rang vodaphone and asked them and they diddnt know what to say.

HELP!

Upvote 0
There seems to be varying remedies for this issue. Resetting the device being the most often one reporting success.

If a factory data reset is not something you'd want to do readily, the next best option, if your contacts are backed up in Google/Gmail etc, is to go individually into the contacts and contacts storage apps and force stop both, clear data and reboot.

I've also seen it posted around that the "CityID" app doesn't always play nice with the system, rooted users choosing to freeze or remove it. Non-rooted users can remove or deactivate it as a choice in some versions of the OS.

Upvote 0
Hey,

I have an odd problem... I can't receive calls from a specific number since yesterday, the call doesn't show on my phone when the person is dialing, but later when I go into the call history I do see the call, with a blue crossed circle near it that has an A letter near it..

I tried looking it up and can't understand what it means... I tried to remove the number from the person in my contact list, but it is still no help..

Can anybody please explain what does that symbol mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks!
Tomy

This is an old post, but just in case someone else comes across this same problem. I accidentally blocked (blacklisted) my wife's number. Don't know how I did that but it was nice for a while not receiving voice mails from her. But my wife kept bugging me to figure this out. I have Android 4.4.4. To disable the blacklist do the following:

Go to Settings/My device/Call/Call rejection/Auto reject mode/Off

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones