• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant send video from EVO through Email?

novarider

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
I cant send videos through my Gmail or stock email app via Yahoo. I can attach the video but when I click send it just sits in the outbox for a long time then I get a "message not sent" error in the notification bar. This notification keeps popping up till I go into the outbox and delete the Email.

Is this a problem with the EVO or is this an isolated problem?

Record videos, try to upload - fail. I've managed to use the bult in email app on the evo. I added my gmail account to it and I've managed to upload two videos I recorded, however recently it started acting up.

I can't believe being a phone with great media capabilities, they lacked on the ability of you to share the videos *facepalm* You know that EVERYONE wants to keep videos to THEMSELVES *sarcasm*

I tried qik, and the videos don't work once uploaded.

Upvote 0
Have you checked to see if the size of those vid files exceed the typical mail attachment limits? Video files are large and rarely fit in emails. That's not an Evo limit, BTW.

For best quality, I'd recommend 480p h.264 and maybe upload to YouTube or someplace that can handle them.

To conserve space, go with the much older, lower quality, small size at h.263.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones