• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't transfer all my info to my pc...

jab1079

Sep 8, 2012
Im trying to upgrade my sd card by plugging my phone directly into my pc. My problem is that when i open it up it doesn't show that all my pics are there. I think only one folder appears. Also none of my videos are available. All my music seems to go though. I got pics and videos of my kids and would hate to lose them. I may just not know what im looking at though. I got to admit i lack some technical jargon swag, lol. Any help would be wonderful.

I have a zte-z990g and it is android version 2.3.5. The pc is old and i don't know the os for that. Ill have to check when i get home. As far as saving to the internal storage, that was a thought but i can't seem to figure out how to check. I've tried to find that out but haven't had any luck. If that is the case can i transfer them to the sd card? Thanks for the help thus far!

Upvote 0
Install a file manager on your phone - that will help. FX File Explorer or ES Strongs or Astro are good. I like FX best. Open the file manager.

The built-in internal storage should show up as something like 'Main storage' or 'Phone storage' /mnt/sdcard. (I know that doesn't sound right, but that's how it is.)
The removable storage card should show up as something like 'Media card' or 'SD card' /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd.
When connected to your PC each will appear as additional drive letters (assuming you use Windows).

You can transfer files from the internal memory to the SD card using either the file manager you installed or with the PC's file manager when connected.

In the camera app settings you can change where photos and videos are saved.

Your phone's manual will explain in more detail.

Upvote 0
Thats all fine but I don't have the manual... actually I don't recall it coming with one. I've done some browsing online to find one but havent been able to yet. I'm the type of person that can make something simple and get it all messed up and confusing... I've managed to get my phone all kinds of messed up by trying to do this. I've got duplicates of videos and pics now on the old sd card and though I thought I had it right when I loaded the new sd card not all the music went and none of the pic or videos did. Also some of my apps are apparnetly saved to the old sd card so they wouldn't work with the new one. I am smart enough to put the old one back in untill I can get this or get someone else to do it and clean my phone up. Apps keep shutting down and all kinds of stuff... I should have left well enough alone...

Upvote 0
I found them in there and I believe i moved them to the old sd card.... I have no clue. My apps I'm not to concerned with, I can get them again. I don't have nothing to important. The music, though time consuming I can get again. The pics and vids I cant go back so I'd like to at least get them moved. Are there any specific files or anything that MUST go or is it all just a choice? My internal memory seems very small now. I don't know how to free it up some. I'm sure its just a bunch of clutter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones