• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Dock - Recommendations

Shrim

Lurker
May 21, 2012
Guys,

I am looking for a car dock for my HTC One X. The US shop for HTC does not appear to carry them, and the UK is out of stock. Does anyone have a recommendation? Basically, I would like a suction mount dock, with an adjustable arm and a swivel head. Built in charging is not a requirement but a "nice to have".

Thanks!

P.S. - Saw this one, but didn't see any feedback on it...
Amazon.com: WalkNTalkOnline - HTC One X - Premium High Quality Custom Dedicated Specially Made To Measure Windscreen Suction Mount Car Holder Cradle with Full 360 Degrees Rotation: Cell Phones & Accessories

Reactions: cwiebe
Guys,

I am looking for a car dock for my HTC One X. The US shop for HTC does not appear to carry them, and the UK is out of stock. Does anyone have a recommendation? Basically, I would like a suction mount dock, with an adjustable arm and a swivel head. Built in charging is not a requirement but a "nice to have".

Thanks!

P.S. - Saw this one, but didn't see any feedback on it...
Amazon.com: WalkNTalkOnline - HTC One X - Premium High Quality Custom Dedicated Specially Made To Measure Windscreen Suction Mount Car Holder Cradle with Full 360 Degrees Rotation: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sprint store! HTC Evo 4G LTE's car dock fit's the One X like a glove. I had the Sprint version until some problems happened (with Sprint not HTC) and I ended up telling them to go to hell.

Switched to AT&T got the same phone (One X) all my accessories still work. Well I kinda take that back had to get new case because of the kickstand cutout but that was minor. The cardock works like a champ! Look into a Sprint store it's 35 bucks and a great dock.

Reactions: Shrim
Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I work for the manufacturer of the HTC Evo 4G LTE car dock for Sprint that is now available in all Sprint Corporate retail stores. Yes, it is correct that this Dock also fit perfectly with the HTC One X. It works with the "International" GSM version that is sold in Europe and also the AT&T version, which is 1.5 mm longer and thicker as it is an LTE device (more stuff inside). The Dock is "intelligent" so it will start the HTC car panel automatically (can be turned off though). It also works with virtually all cases except for the thicker ones type Otterbox and Ballistic. Right now the only place to order it in Europe is on the Expansys website. Here in the US it's only available in the Sprint branded stores for right now but a dedicated HTC One X Dock will become available by mid-June through online stores like AndroidCentral, Amazon and more.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I work for the manufacturer of the HTC Evo 4G LTE car dock for Sprint that is now available in all Sprint Corporate retail stores. Yes, it is correct that this Dock also fit perfectly with the HTC One X. It works with the "International" GSM version that is sold in Europe and also the AT&T version, which is 1.5 mm longer and thicker as it is an LTE device (more stuff inside). The Dock is "intelligent" so it will start the HTC car panel automatically (can be turned off though). It also works with virtually all cases except for the thicker ones type Otterbox and Ballistic. Right now the only place to order it in Europe is on the Expansys website. Here in the US it's only available in the Sprint branded stores for right now but a dedicated HTC One X Dock will become available by mid-June through online stores like AndroidCentral, Amazon and more.

Hey, Mikael,
Could you please give a direct link to european Expansys site with One X car dock? Had a quick look over at Expansys.fr but didn't find anything there..

Upvote 0
I have a Brodit for my One X.

Glad about that the Brodit sits on the dashboard near the car's air vents.
So, the phone has some cooling :)

I think with a powerful navigation app the One X will become some of hot.
Last night I run NVIDIA's demo app 'Glowball' for some time and the battery temperature went up to 50C.

Harry

Upvote 0
Every Phone model fits perfectly in its Brodit holder, so there isn't any space for a case.

I'm afraid you have to look for universal holders like these ...
http://www.holdersandmounts.co.uk/herbert-richter-universal-holders/
They look not so nice as a Brodit, on this site you can compare with a Brodit for the One X.

Brodit system assembles two parts, a phone holder, builded for your phone and a car mount, builded for your car.
And for this Richter universal holders, Brodit have a adapter plate for their car mounts.

Maybe that helps :)

Harry

Upvote 0
I recommended this mount in the other car mount thread, it'll work with most cases:

Mobile Grip HTC One X Dashboard Car Mount
mobile-grip-htc-one-x-car-mount.jpg

Vid:

I've personally used this mount on various phones including the One X. The Mobile Grip holder is probably my favorite phone holder I've every used. I like the dash mount also, I can position it to about vent level and put it in landscape or portrait. Because it has that sticky suction cup I can put it pretty much wherever I want, even the windshield.

Upvote 0

Just registered and got a message stating I can post yet as a newbie so thought perhaps you may be able to help. Here goes:

I have discovered a few things that appear to be short comings with the ICS and a windshield mount and when the phone goes into "car panel mode". But...maybe its' something I'm simply missing.

#1 When I put HTC Incredible 4G LTE in the windshield mount (made by iBolt, bought at Verizon retail outlet, specifically for this phone) I cannot initiate a call with my Jawbone Icon HD. Works perfect when not in the windshield mount. When in the mount and I press the button on the Jawbone to initiate a call and the default phone screen comes up and that is it. There is no microphone icon to touch on the screen while in Car Panel Mode (term used by HTC). I can have a conversation through the Jawbone while in the mount but that is it.

#2 Also, there is no way to initiate a voice activated call directly to the phone while in the windshield mount and the phone is in Car Panel Mode.

#3 I've also noticed that if the phone is in the windshield mount and I turn off BT headset the phone leaves the Car Panel Mode back to regular mode.

#4 Also discovered during this process: if I take the phone out of the mount it goes back to portrait mode (normal), select to make a call and I see a microphone icon in the lower right corner. If I press it I can say "call John Doe" and all that happens is a list of what the phone thinks it heard shows up. The list is so dark you can hardly read it and you cannot select anything from the list.

Either something has caused a problem with an adjustment, app install or an over site in the OS. But this is not hands free and especially when you are driving.

I have talked with Jawbone, Verizon and HTC. No luck. Just brain damage.

The only thing I got was from HTC and that was to install VLingo to see it will fix the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones