• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Holder For The Hero

AmericanHero

Nov 3, 2009
Found this one today and it works great. I don't like the big bulky suction cup car holders and was looking for something more compact. I found this at a local CarQuest auto parts store...

01994_side.jpg

TYPE-S Metallic Universal Holder - Charcoal Grey AC01994

It clips to the vent louvers on your dashboard. I drive a Subaru and the angle and tilt are just perfect. This is very small, the holder is well padded so as not to cause surface ware on the Hero and secures firmly. The side support adjust and lock for width and depth. The bottom support folds flat for portability. Retails for $7.95

Jack

The only thing I worry about these is the condensation build up that could occur from exposed areas being so close to the vent.

Not so much an issue with air conditioning (cooling), but heat is a concern. I will be using my heater in the defrost/feet mode from now on.

Thanks for the pics, that actually looks a lot better than I had anticipated. I guess my only other question would be if you could rotate it to landscape view (I just mean is it possible; you don't need to take more pics)? If so, once 2.0 and the new Google Nav comes out, I can finally toss my bulky old Garmin!

Rotation is not possible. If you had a thin verticle mounting you could get away with it. I don't know what that would be though?

Just bought this for my car. Works awesome! Solid feel and the best part is, it rotates. Padded and all. I'd look on amazon or maybe even target before I bought it straight from this site but at least u can see the pics.

Bracketron : Mobile Grip-iT Windshield Mount Kit

Looks like a nice mount. Like I said, the solution you have found is just a little to bulky for me. This looks like a good mount as well though.

Jack

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones