Car Holder For The Hero

Last Updated:

1. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found this one today and it works great. I don't like the big bulky suction cup car holders and was looking for something more compact. I found this at a local CarQuest auto parts store...

[​IMG]

TYPE-S Metallic Universal Holder - Charcoal Grey AC01994

It clips to the vent louvers on your dashboard. I drive a Subaru and the angle and tilt are just perfect. This is very small, the holder is well padded so as not to cause surface ware on the Hero and secures firmly. The side support adjust and lock for width and depth. The bottom support folds flat for portability. Retails for $7.95

Jack

Advertisement
  2. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

Would you be willing to post some pics of it in action in your car? I had seen ones similar to that but was worried the large side clamps would be too obtrusive.

3. AndroidHero

AndroidHero Member

i actually use this holder too. ive used it for my HTC Mogul, and my HTC TouchPro and now for my HTC Hero. It is a little loose on my Hero, but it is adjustable and doesnt really cover the screen much or at all.

4. AmericanHero

Here you go bray...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just right for my needs and inexpensive to boot. If there is one thing I have learned... no one solution works for everyone, but this is pretty darn good.

Jack

5. kronium

kronium Well-Known Member

The only thing I worry about these is the condensation build up that could occur from exposed areas being so close to the vent.

6. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, that actually looks a lot better than I had anticipated. I guess my only other question would be if you could rotate it to landscape view (I just mean is it possible; you don't need to take more pics)? If so, once 2.0 and the new Google Nav comes out, I can finally toss my bulky old Garmin!

7. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Just bought this for my car. Works awesome! Solid feel and the best part is, it rotates. Padded and all. I'd look on amazon or maybe even target before I bought it straight from this site but at least u can see the pics.

Bracketron : Mobile Grip-iT Windshield Mount Kit

8. AmericanHero

Not so much an issue with air conditioning (cooling), but heat is a concern. I will be using my heater in the defrost/feet mode from now on.

Rotation is not possible. If you had a thin verticle mounting you could get away with it. I don't know what that would be though?

Looks like a nice mount. Like I said, the solution you have found is just a little to bulky for me. This looks like a good mount as well though.

Jack