• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Carriers That Work With An Unlocked VZW Galaxy Nexus

DoctorEyeSight

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2012
Hello,

I love my phone and will only sell it if the Galaxy Nexus 2 arrives or if the Galaxy Note 2 comes to Verizon Wireless.

However,

(1) If I were to sell my Galaxy Nexus and unlock it, which carriers would work on it? I have the Verizon Wireless 4GLTE version.

(2) Would Straighttalk work on it?

There is no "unlocking" to any US CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) phone. Some smaller no-contract carriers like Cricket or Straighttalk may be able to flash it to work on their network since they just use Verizon's towers for their network. At least I've known Cricket to do it in my area. Bubba is right though; LTE will only work on Verizon, so using it on any other carrier will limit it to a 3G only phone.

If you're going to sell it, you're probably best off selling it as is and to another Verizon customer. You'd be lucky to get much over $200 for it at this point too from what I've seen in the classifieds on this forum and others though. The GSM Nexus is actually selling for considerably more despite it only having half of the the internal storage since it can be used on any GSM carrier due to its pentaband radios.

Reactions: DoctorEyeSight
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones