• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

Ok, tried the newest update for couple of days. Here's what I found on my phone so far:
- wifi tether works, for some devices it seems difficult to connect. I'm gonna try some more.
- Camera still a problem for me, video recording sometimes works, sometimes causes a reboot. The video also cannot be played, even after trying several video player. Is there any work around for this camera issue?

Other than that, everything seems ok.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
OK - Did a clean install of 19.1.0 LOVE IT!
No hot reboots...ac!d sound mod rocks...
Fast Zippy - buttery...Life is good!

Grabbed it off of the prior builds link in his OP

Well, maybe I'll be checking out the update this weekend then! Thanks for sharing.

Can you answer phone calls on this rom yet? I have let it slide so far because I don't get a lot of calls but it gets annoying, never being able to answer a call.

Upvote 0
?? HUH ??

I haven't had any issues answering calls? I beleive my wife would kill me if that was the case.

Yeah, I think Don mentioned it before too... It's odd... The phone rings and shows what looks like little facebook icons while its ringing. If I try to answer it just crashes the phone. Then I have to call them back... Weird. I did a clean install too. I'm running 19.0.2 but have had the phone issue with all previous versions as well.

Upvote 0
Nope not me, I was getting reboots sometime during calls on his Rom release from a month ago, I have not flashed back as of yet, I am still on LF PA Rom

Yeah, I think Don mentioned it before too... It's odd... The phone rings and shows what looks like little facebook icons while its ringing. If I try to answer it just crashes the phone. Then I have to call them back... Weird. I did a clean install too. I'm running 19.0.2 but have had the phone issue with all previous versions as well.

Upvote 0
Has not been release for public release, and i don't want to post it here unless CMB says it is OK, I am sure he will release soon, If not I will ask him. ;)

Sorry, but where is the download link for aroma_shooter_PAC_4.1.2-v.19.1.0?

I can only see the shooter_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.0.8 version in the OP......

Upvote 0
Flashed the newest for a second time. Was working on restoring user apps and had done a lot of setting up. Restarted the phone and wouldn't boot. Had to nandroid back to my old version. Considering not trying anymore. If that version has the issues with not booting, I've been there before with pa and am kinda over that. Anyone else had issues with getting stuck at boot animation?

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Nope, I must say so far I have had no issues, used the phone on calls all day, no reboots, have booted into recovery numerous times today as I had the reflash the extras that did not flash the first time I flashed it, so far it has been really stable.

I will also tell you exactly how I set it up as I was not in the mood last night to do a full restore

So I simply did my Nandroid and then did an advance data backup, back up my apps, then I did a full wipe, then wiped partition except SD card, then I flashed the Rom, did not flash the Gapps because I knew I was going to restore my advance data, I then booted up and all was exactly as I left it. I did flash the Wimax script and the Pacman extras today again, because they did not work the first time I flashed the Rom, so I reflashed those today. The only thing that is not showing up is the Pacman Wallpaper, it was check in Aroma, but not showing up in the wallpapers, other then that all is good in Pac World.

Upvote 0
Well I feel for you bro

This is why it is hard to determine issues, for months I could not get this Rom to work on my phone without it rebooting in sometime during a call. I never had one issue with any Roms on my phone, then this one cam along. Then I went back to LF and stayed there for a while, now I decided to give this one a shot and decide to install it as mentioned the easy way and for the same reason as you because I was tired of setting the whole phone up from scratch and then having to restore back. Go figure 2 days now and no issues. I wish I could answer your question why some work and some don't don't but this is a great example of this being true.

I would say maybe check in with Scotty and see if you install Bootlog Uptime (it was a recommended app that can help document booting problems by ramjet), to see what is stopping your phone from booting and maybe giving that report to CMB or Scotty, maybe just maybe they will be able to troubleshoot a little easier, not sure but it is worth a shot if your willing to do it. ;)

Well I tried flashing again. I thought all was going well. Then all of a sudden after a reboot, stuck at boot animation. I spent forever trying to set it up. Such a bummer. I don't want to trying again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones