• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

I have not flashed either since he said he was coming out with a new release, so i am going to wait.

I really want a release that will allow me to record, I have not been able to record even on PA more then 2 seconds without it freezing and locking up.

I have tried all the kernels to see, even the latest BT 14.1 to not avail.

I want the video to work so I can take some precious videos of my dog Silk ;)

Upvote 0
Quote posted by CM

Posted by CMBaughman

OK for the first time I actually had some weird Chrome business going on so I pulled a logcat. Now I know that I saw one thing for sure and that's an issue from something I may be able to help however I don't know if its actually an activity created in framework that's doing the calling. Just woke up so I will look at it now and see if its something that can fit into today's release.

If not I can at least tell you I been busy updating all of the PA code to the latest (only if there were no conflicts, some I could not but that's pretty minimal) I will have to grab some recent aokp as well. I must say developing for this ROM is way more fun than I had realized. I really am glad I saved this piece of my development for myself and not let anyone else "share" in the releasing. Just didn't think I'd have time to support anything like this. But maybe with the way that the community has stepped in and help each other, perhaps I do.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: IPWNPACIFISTS
Upvote 0
I have not flashed either since he said he was coming out with a new release, so i am going to wait.

I really want a release that will allow me to record, I have not been able to record even on PA more then 2 seconds without it freezing and locking up.

That's odd. It works for me. I even flashed the 4.2 camera and it works as well. Maybe you should jump back to ZR3D in the meantime to get some of your videos. Jellybean will still be here, but you only have so much time :(

Upvote 0
Yep, when I record on any release from PA and also Mazda JB I get to record for 2 seconds and it locks up, I know others have this, question is why others don't. :rolleyes: I will wait until CM releases and then I will try and see. I have another camera anyways that records, just more practical from the phone at times. ;)

That's odd. It works for me. I even flashed the 4.2 camera and it works as well. Maybe you should jump back to ZR3D in the meantime to get some of your videos. Jellybean will still be here, but you only have so much time :(

Upvote 0
Its almost ready guys sorry waiting to hear back from one more tester. I put lots of fixes in. The entire rom was compiles against the Linaro toolchains and really has a noticeably smoother feel. Also pulling latest Buttered Toast kernel and battery life so far is better, however only been running for 24 hours so you'll have to tell me. I'll get with my testers and upload sometime this morning yet. Thanks for all the support!

Reactions: IPWNPACIFISTS
Upvote 0
Its almost ready guys sorry waiting to hear back from one more tester. I put lots of fixes in. The entire rom was compiles against the Linaro toolchains and really has a noticeably smoother feel. Also pulling latest Buttered Toast kernel and battery life so far is better, however only been running for 24 hours so you'll have to tell me. I'll get with my testers and upload sometime this morning yet. Thanks for all the support!

Awesome Sunday funday can't wait to try this out

Upvote 0
Just curious are you able to record with your video recorder, as you know my issues, just curious if other have reported the same issues. Thanks for the update

Upvote 0
Now I didnt test video on my rom until after I flashed the android gapps 4.1 to 4.2 zip here by Safari king: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1991734 so someone else will have to tell me if that works for them but seems like it should since the modified one above does.

Side note if you haven't checked out the zip above you should its incredible! Stock keyboard now has nice swype type functionality. Photosphere works good with new camera, lots other cool stuff.

Oh yeah and if this works good for anyone that feels like testing I'll update the OP on all the sites: http://d-h.st/bOv just haven't talked to my tester yet so if anyone wants to try the latest with lots of bugs squashed, latest BT kernel with all the optimizations those guys do (I got approval to include in the rom from bigwillyg) I compiled everything with Linaro toolchains, included the latest TrevE WiFi tether mod which works best on jb, and lots more. Def smoother for me but we all use our device different so anyone wants to test and report back be my guest!

Upvote 0
K, so you want your new release also checked with the latest Safari King Gapps with Photospere, and then report back ?? also did you say you personally are able to video record with no issues with SK Gapps, or you have not checked that as of yet.

Now I didnt test video on my rom until after I flashed the android gapps 4.1 to 4.2 zip here by Safari king: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1991734 so someone else will have to tell me if that works for them but seems like it should since the modified one above does.

Side note if you haven't checked out the zip above you should its incredible! Stock keyboard now has nice swype type functionality. Photosphere works good with new camera, lots other cool stuff.

Oh yeah and if this works good for anyone that feels like testing I'll update the OP on all the sites: Dev-Host - shooter-PAC_signed_v18.0_121612.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service just haven't talked to my tester yet so if anyone wants to try the latest with lots of bugs squashed, latest BT kernel with all the optimizations those guys do (I got approval to include in the rom from bigwillyg) I compiled everything with Linaro toolchains, included the latest TrevE WiFi tether mod which works best on jb, and lots more. Def smoother for me but we all use our device different so anyone wants to test and report back be my guest!

Upvote 0
Sorry I may not have been clear before. I was able to record video with my set up with no issues. By my setup I mean the latest rom from the link in my last post, however I had also flashed the latest JB Gapps from link in my OP, then after setting up my Google account and all other obligatory stuff, I reboot to recovery again and flash the "4.1 to 4.2 gapps" package by Safariking. Then I saw your post and tested. I will have to do a nandroid backup quick and flash rom and gapps and try video from there as I have not tried that as of yet. Other than that I've personally tested everything else that I could think of but since I have no Bluetooth I cannot really test that and rely on testers with Bluetooth stuff to report back to me. So far so good, but too me this will stay beta until I see 3d work and no one reports any other issues after a few days.

Upvote 0
OK, got you now, I will definitely test this tonight for you and also check BT and tell you if I am able to record. I am at work right now as soon as I get home I will report back once flashed and tested. Normally I don't care about Video Recorder, on a sad note our dog was just diagnosed with cancer and we would like to be able to record stuff on the run while we still have him around, thus the reason why I was asking. ;)

Sorry I may not have been clear before. I was able to record video with my set up with no issues. By my setup I mean the latest rom from the link in my last post, however I had also flashed the latest JB Gapps from link in my OP, then after setting up my Google account and all other obligatory stuff, I reboot to recovery again and flash the "4.1 to 4.2 gapps" package by Safariking. Then I saw your post and tested. I will have to do a nandroid backup quick and flash rom and gapps and try video from there as I have not tried that as of yet. Other than that I've personally tested everything else that I could think of but since I have no Bluetooth I cannot really test that and rely on testers with Bluetooth stuff to report back to me. So far so good, but too me this will stay beta until I see 3d work and no one reports any other issues after a few days.

Upvote 0
OK the viewing of recorded video we know is an issue, but you are abl;e to record ??

Now you flashed the Rom, then your saying you flashed the PA Gapps, then you set it all up, then you flashed the SK Gapps with Photosphere afterwards ??

OK so I flashed the 4.2 mod after setting up everything else ROM 4.1 gapps pa preferences I was able to record two 15 second videos they played for 3 seconds then error message can't play this video I haven't tried longer videos photosphere works haven't tested Bluetooth yet

Upvote 0
I have not used the pa gapps as you shouldn't actually need those anymore even with pa ROMs. I used the latest regular gapps and then flashed the 4.2 upgrade gapps with working photosphere. I was able to record video and it was around 10 seconds. I could try for more, but I am confident it will work I just have not had the same result. If I can reproduce it on a clean flash I will be able to write a fix. Are you guys using the stock camera?

Upvote 0
Well I am still on LF Rom, and yes I was running the stock camera that came with his Rom. The funny thing is I was just going to check what version camera was on here and it does not show up anywhere in my manage apps, LOL :thinking:

So here is what I am not getting, the SK file is not a full set of Gapps, is that why you are flashing your Gapps along with SK file afterwards, I will be home within the hour to flash by the way

I have not used the pa gapps as you shouldn't actually need those anymore even with pa ROMs. I used the latest regular gapps and then flashed the 4.2 upgrade gapps with working photosphere. I was able to record video and it was around 10 seconds. I could try for more, but I am confident it will work I just have not had the same result. If I can reproduce it on a clean flash I will be able to write a fix. Are you guys using the stock camera?

Upvote 0
Exactly, the SK ones seem to me to be the most stable of the 4.2 gapps for our device, at least as of about a week ago. Going to try another tonight. Anyway the SK gapps don't have the setup app so if you don't install the other gapps first you'll get stuck having a hard time trying to add your accounts and other strange issues too. So I flash gapps boot, set up my Google account etc..., and then reboot again and flash the SK package. Let me know how it goes. If not I am pretty sure I know what lens used in PA as I was talking to him at the time he was building it. I will try compiling in those versions of the libs and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones