• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Notification buttons

Hi folks. I've just upgraded from an HTC Hero running Froyd Villian, to a Galaxy S2.

One of the things that I can't find how to change, is the buttons in the notification bar. There's one for Wifi, but not one for data. I don't have 3G enabled all the time, so is there a way to add that button in place of one of the others?

My Hero had this as part of Froyd Villain.

I think the only way to do that is to run a custom ROM. Some come with that pre installed others have themes and mods which add it.

I thought that would be the case. Seems a bit of a missing feature from the stock android rom. I never use Bluetooth, so it's a wasted button for me.

I'll probably wait till I'm a couple of months into my contract then put on a custom ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones