• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charged Twice - What do I do?

black743

Nov 26, 2009
I had an issue where my credit card first rejected an app purchase (they thought it was supicious), but after calling them, they let it through. It now appears that I may have been charged twice. What do I do now? I sent a reply email through google checkout back to the company. Has anyone had this happen before?

The best way to remedy the issue is to post the same topic twice in two different forums.

Now, on to a solution. When was the first transaction made? A lot of times with things that look like duplicates, they really aren't. The bank holds the funds for X amount of time (usually 24 hours) before actually making the transfer to the seller. If the seller doesn't claim the funds, the bank returns or removes the transaction from your account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones