• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap contract renewal Verizon smartphone

Welcome to the forums Gmofftarki

1. Galaxy Nexus- I am a bit biased towards that phone because I own it. It runs Jelly Bean which is great, but future updates from Verizon may be slow. It runs vanilla android which I prefer to touchwiz etc, 4G is blazing fast, and the screen is big/beautiful. I would choose this phone over all the others on this list.

2. Droid Incredible- In my opinion, HTC is a weak company that is headed to the ground, so I wouldn't rely on them to continue to support your phone. I am not a personal fan of Sense, and the Incredible is a bit outdated.

3. Razr MAXX- This is the best competitor to the GNex. It runs ICS and has its famous battery life. It's a bit old and the sequel is better than it in every way. Assuming the price tag has been significantly cut, it is a great option

I don't know anything about the other 2, hope this helps

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thanks.

I ended up ordering the Nexus. I kept coming back to the screen size and future proofing since I'll be locked into it for two years.

Incredible was $10, Galaxy was $30 and Razr was $70. I figured the nexus was worth the increased price, but that even if the Razr was a bit better, it wasn't *that * much better.

Thanks for your response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones