• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RIP: Motorola's glory days.....

I think the Texas plant was doomed for three reasons, the AT&T exclusivity on Motomaker, no back engraving to start, and no wood backs until later. The plant was brought online for Moto Maker and they doomed that from the start.:(

It was a modular production line, also able to accommodate new models quickly.

I'd been there often over the years, watched it grow, shrink, all but die and get improved.

It's a loss for us. :(

Upvote 0
"Motorola's glory days"
$_57.JPG

Made in Japan

Upvote 0
I personally thought that the moto x would be a big game changer and would be something like the iPhone (when I mean something like iPhone i mean we're moto works only on one type of phone, the moto x and keeps upgrading it) but I personally wanted to get it mostly caz the google always on this (I'm sorta a Siri/google voice thingy nut! But sadly I didn't get it... Still working on gettin my first phone!

Upvote 0
I personally thought that the moto x would be a big game changer and would be something like the iPhone (when I mean something like iPhone i mean we're moto works only on one type of phone, the moto x and keeps upgrading it) but I personally wanted to get it mostly caz the google always on this (I'm sorta a Siri/google voice thingy nut! But sadly I didn't get it... Still working on gettin my first phone!

Maybe the new moto x will be your phone.

Upvote 0
Anyone who cares about the market wants multiple vendors to succeed. We all know what happens when one manufacturer owns a market: for example, when MS bundled their way to a near monopoly in web browsers the result was IE6 :eek:! The thought of what Samsung software would be like without effective competition is too horrible to contemplate ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones