• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*#*#checkin#*#*

Well if everyone wasnt scared half to death to post because they're afraid of being yelled at for not searching, threads like this would be able to die... But no...

lol! I think a lot of those folks must have visited XDA first! :eek: :D

I keep seeing posts start out with "Don't flame me!..." :D

I think for the most part, we're pretty tame here...yeah, I wish folks would search more, but the AF search could be a little better (I use Google search with "site:androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris xxxxx" a lot instead of the regular forum search--it sometimes return results better).

Upvote 0
Does this still work somehow? Trying it for Jellybean on my Nexus, it says checkin succeeded but still says I am up to date!

Necro-post....again lol.

Anyhow, I don't believe it does. Like I mentioned earlier (like years ago) this thread is pretty old and doesn't really have up to date information, since it was intended for us Eris users still on Android 1.5 back in early 2010.

It boils down to, you get the update when you get it. Or maybe you can look on the Nexus forums, and maybe you might be able to get the OTA update ZIP file from a thread. Odds are, look in the root forum (although rooting shouldn't be required, they usually have lots of those files for archival purposes).

Upvote 0
In all my browsers I am getting my history and someonen ealses. Not to mention that mu clipboard and Google drive are full of things of which I am not familiar there are 6 different gmail accounts on my name. I could go on  but my husband has Google Wi-Fi in my name and email address that I am not supposed 2 know about

. Help please

Upvote 0
Use that code on the dialer to have a rolling update/upgrade available to your device no matter where you are in the release schedule geographically.

Do NOT press "call" after entering *#*#CHECKIN#*#*, just watch the notification area for a prompt that you are checked in.

Then go to the usual area to check for software updates and, as long as the rolling update/upgrade has started, it will come to your device.

I just tried it and it works, it checked me in. No update, of course, but the notification area did indicate I was "checked in."

Sorry if this has been posted before. I've not seen it.

Will this code harm any device in any kind of way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones