• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help City ID... how do you uninstall?

I noticed the same thing...

It's on the phone by default even though it's a 14-day trial of a paid program. I can't remove this from my phone, it won't even appear in any uninstall programs.

Very aggravating that they would force you to keep a trial of a paid program on your phone.

If anyone has any idea as to how we can remove it (without rooting), please let us know.

Upvote 0
I don't see a way to uninstall it either. I actually want it but it should be uninstallable for those that don't.

Is there any reason to keep it if you don't expect to pay for the pro version though?

If it did what it says it does and it was free to use, I would have no issues with it. Putting a trial version of payware on a phone and making it so it can't be uninstalled is ridiculous, imo.

Reactions: thrillerbee
Upvote 0
Is there any reason to keep it if you don't expect to pay for the pro version though?

If it did what it says it does and it was free to use, I would have no issues with it. Putting a trial version of payware on a phone and making it so it can't be uninstalled is ridiculous, imo.

Not really, and I agree, they should have made it able to be uninstalled.

Upvote 0
I really thought the app was clever and like seeing the city/state id coming up for incoming calls. The really annoying thing is that somehow the developers feel this app deserves the $1.99 per month subscription! If it were a one time fee they would get that easily but every month, gezzzz.

Upvote 0
Anyone figure a way to uninstall it yet? I have tried Uninstaller and it hasn't worked. There are other uninstaller apps. I know we "theoretically" should be able to get rid of it once the phone is rooted......by going through the directories manually...

But until then.....

Even using Astro, /system/app you then have the option once you click on it to select "uninstall" but it fails... I've got no idea.

Upvote 0
Its not even right on mine. Mine and my wifes phones and our house line are based in philly. They didnt have any of the usually philly area codes so ours is a little different. Instead of philly it shows us as Doylestown so this thing is pointless.

I found it near the bottom in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications but can't find a way to uninstall it from there.

Upvote 0
It's actually kinda funny. I'm reading this thread and my phone rings. After I ended the call, I got a full screen display that says somethinig to the effect of you are currently using CityID app on a free trial (with a logo). It then had two button options at the bottom: Subscribe or continue my 15-day trial. I'm guessing after 15 days it'll ask you to subscribe or remove. Doesn't seem like it will force you into using it.

Upvote 0
if you have advanced task manager, you can use that app to uninstall other apps on the phone including city ID

Nope. Have tried several different apps and not found one that works, Advanced Task Manager is among that list. Granted, I used the ad supported free version, but as far as I know, there shouldn't be a difference.

I can't seem to get rid of VVM or City ID. =(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones