• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear your Cache!

Just to double back. Using task killer is counter-productive, Why? From what i have researched there seems to be large amounts of support for both sides. I interested in knowing how the task killer makes things worse? Sorry if im going off the thread topic.

Aviedw, can you elaborate on this please? Do you use a task killer and what experiences have you had with it? We probably should have a 'task killer' thread, but since we're already on the subject I am interesting in pursuing it further.

Upvote 0
You're welcome.Actually,the correct name is CACHE MATE FOR ROOT,but you probably already figured that out.

I just bought CacheMate for Root and it works great! Cleared up 3MB first time. :)

Thanks so much for the tip. I'm going to edit my first post so that it is more clear for everyone as to the best ways to clear their cache and I will recommend Cache Mate there.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
It is there,I checked the 'Power Clear' box,&was not prompted to purchase upgrade.I heeded the warnings of possible undesired results&left it alone!(CAN YOU BLAME ME! lol
after the headaches I've caused you & NY11725).

LOL!!! No I don't blame you at all! I would have done the same. Maybe that's the difference in the free and paid for versions. I got no warning when I used Power Clear. But if it works for you free that's cool!!! How do you like the Cache Cleaner NG? Have you used it yet?

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
LOL!!! No I don't blame you at all! I would have done the same. Maybe that's the difference in the free and paid for versions. I got no warning when I used Power Clear. But if it works for you free that's cool!!! How do you like the Cache Cleaner NG? Have you used it yet?
Going to market to get it now,I'll get back to you soon.
Just finished installing CACHE CLEANER NG,disposed 8.2mb from internal,0mb from SD card.Thanks for the tip!
JUST CURIOUS,anyone know what the NG is short for?(NOTORIOSLY GREAT)? lol !
I have also put my Task killers,Task managers into a deep sleep.Went to Titanium Back-up,ensured that they were b/u,&un-installed them.Also,with Launcher Pro,I deleted & then got it back from the market.It did seem to work better once I got rid of T/K's & T'M's,before deleting&reloading from market.Now that I've done this,it appears to have many more features than before,or perhaps I've just discovered them.Either way,I owe Federic Canales a HUGE APOLOGY.Your product works just fine!(free version,will upgrade soon).The lag I experienced was probably caused by all the cache bloat,TK's/TM's,etc.

Upvote 0
Ok Im a total newbie. My question is if Catche Mate for Root better than Catche Cleaner or vice versa or should the two be used together? Also, Rob281 mentioned a dolphin thing that cleans catche. I just want to know whats best.

I have Cache Mate AND Cache Cleaner NG. I run both when I clean my cache. I did however, go into Cache Cleaner NG's settings and disabled the auto cache clean. I don't want the phone to do it automatically so I turned it off. I like to do it when I want to do it.

Upvote 0
Ok Im a total newbie. My question is if Catche Mate for Root better than Catche Cleaner or vice versa or should the two be used together? Also, Rob281 mentioned a dolphin thing that cleans catche. I just want to know whats best.

Hi rlugo! First of all you have to be rooted to use these cache cleaners.

I have both Cache Mate and Cache Cleaner NG. I really think I could get by with just one. And that would be Cache mate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones