• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clicking sound at boot?

HoldFastHope

Jun 10, 2010
This may not be important at all but I did think this was a bit strange. After I rooted, I noticed a clicking type of sound coming from the camera whenever I booted the phone. Its kind of alarming but not sure if I am the only one. Anyone else hear this? Anyone know why it does this and what it could be?

This may not be important at all but I did think this was a bit strange. After I rooted, I noticed a clicking type of sound coming from the camera whenever I booted the phone. Its kind of alarming but not sure if I am the only one. Anyone else hear this? Anyone know why it does this and what it could be?

Yes, Mine does this too. I can't say for sure that it only started making the sound after being rooted, but it is the camera shutter, like it does a quick engagement test or something.

Mine has been doing this since two weeks after release (as I notice). No problems have come from it. Rest easy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones