• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Market App & Login Issues

Imaim

Feb 24, 2011
Hi all. I just put CM7 in and it seems like a GREAT ROM. I have 3 issues, though, that I can't seem to get past. Any help would b greatly appreciated.

1. The Android Market App disappeared. I flashed out of CM7 and it came back;but when I flashed back to CM7, it was gone again. I have spent several hours trying to get it back with help from here and various websites, but can't get it back. The closest I came was "Vending.apk" from 4shared, but once downloaded it will not install. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. How do u sync to a PC? I don't have that option anymore when I plug in. I can only activate file sharing. Any ideas?:thinking:

3. I can't figure out how to connect my Gmail account through the Exchange, so I can't sync my calendar or contacts.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for all the tips here. You guys are GREAT!! Since I learned what the Evolution can really do rooted, this forum has been my new best friend lol!

1. The Android Market App disappeared. I flashed out of CM7 and it came back;but when I flashed back to CM7, it was gone again. I have spent several hours trying to get it back with help from here and various websites, but can't get it back. The closest I came was "Vending.apk" from 4shared, but once downloaded it will not install. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Did you install GAPPS when you installed CM7? Try that.

Upvote 0
I was using the experimental gingerbread with Wimax and then switched over to the nightly files when Wimax was added. I had to reflash Gapps when I did this to get all my google apps to work again.

You should be able to get away without a full data wipe...just make sure you wipe cache and dalvik though. After that, reflash the Gapps and you should be ok.

Reactions: Imaim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones