• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I would try AOD before a factory reset. My S21 flashes in acknowledgement of a notification but the phone doesn't wake up. If I'm not looking at the phone I will miss the flash. It does flash with the animation I chose however. I do have AOD on. Though working, the feature is a bit useless because my phone is always in my pocket. If not for the included sound associated with my notifications, I would not know I had something to address.

Reactions: grunt0300
Upvote 0
This is a bit of a long shot but in your Samsung's Settings menu there should be a 'Power Saving' option (buried within the Battery menu). Go to pg. 158 in the User Manual for your model:
Try disabling Power Saving and see if that allows Notifications from apps like Gmail and Messages to show up properly.

I ran across a similar issue with my OnePlus phone -- Notifications only from some more obscure apps wouldn't show up properly in the Lock screen but others like for my email and text messaging apps would always continue working OK. It wasn't until I noticed that when I had the Power saving option enabled that also disabled the some haptic feedback and some sounds that I realized this also affected those otherwise unnoticed app notifications.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones