• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

satimis

Feb 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

About Ethernet Tethering
(No USB Ethernet Adaptor Connected)

I need to share network to my another Samsumg Galaxy S9+ phone, without SIM card installede.

On
Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering

Ethernet Tethering
No USB Ethernet Adaptor Connected

is greyouted. What is "USB Ethernet Adaptor" ?

On my Samsumg Galaxy S9+ phone, it doesn't need an "USB Ethernet Adaptor" for sharing network.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards

Ethernet Tethering
No USB Ethernet Adaptor Connected
is greyouted. What is "USB Ethernet Adaptor" ?

On my Samsumg Galaxy S9+ phone, it doesn't need an "USB Ethernet Adaptor" for sharing network.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards

It's one of these...
ethernet.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Smays-Micro-B-Ethernet-compatible-Raspberry/dp/B01AT4C3KQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2FXWFY9C3NT14&keywords=usb+ethernet+android&qid=1666179485&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjUzIiwicXNhIjoiMC44MSIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=usb+ethernet+android,aps,332&sr=8-4

Used to connect your device or computer to the the internet ,or other network with an Ethernet cable. But usually to tether a phone to another device, you'd use the WiFi tethering or hotspot feature of the phone.

Upvote 0
Hi mikedt,

Thanks for your advice.

My setup as follow;
Galaxy S6 phone (Without SIM card) - as camera
(mounted at the end of an extension rod)
Galaxy S9+ phone (Without SIM card) - as remote controller
(mounted at the handle of the extension rod)

At home I use WiFi Router for Internet connection and it works seamlessly. I can remote control the camera of Galaxy S6 phone on Galaxy S9+ phone.

For outdoor I tried following setup;
Galaxy S6 phone (Without SIM card) - as camera
Galaxy S9+ phone (Without SIM card) - as remote controller
Galaxy S22 Ultra (With SIM card installed) sharing network to both Galaxy S6 phone and Galaxy S9+ phone with Bluetooth tethering.

Also it works but Galaxy S6 phone couldn't synchronize with Galaxy S9+ phone. Moving the camera, the controller, Galaxy S9+ phone, couldn't response immediately. Maybe the speed of Bluetooth is slow.

I couldn't find "WiFi Tethering" on my Galaxy S22 Ultra phone

On Mobile Hotspot and Tethering:

Mobile Hotspot
Bluetooth Tethering
USB Tethering
(greyouted)
Ethernet Tethering (greyouted)

Please explain more detail about "hotspot feature of the phone" and its setup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Upvote 0
I couldn't find "WiFi Tethering" on my Galaxy S22 Ultra phone

On Mobile Hotspot and Tethering:

Mobile Hotspot
Bluetooth Tethering
USB Tethering
(greyouted)
Ethernet Tethering (greyouted)

Please explain more detail about "hotspot feature of the phone" and its setup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

It's the same on my Galaxy Note20(see screen-shot). WiFi tethering is the Mobile Hotspot option. The other USB and Ethernet tethering options are greyed because there's no tethering options connected, like an Ethernet adapter.

I only use the Mobile Hotspot option, and that is really just turning it ON or OFF if I want to use it, and then other devices can connect to it via WiFi. I've set it with a password.

As for using a remote camera via another phone, or this "remote controller", no ideas about that. For my uses of tethering, is just to share my phone's internet access with another device, like a phone without SIM, a tablet, or a laptop.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20221019-232512_Settings.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20221019-232512_Settings.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
- snip -

I only use the Mobile Hotspot option, and that is really just turning it ON or OFF if I want to use it, and then other devices can connect to it via WiFi. I've set it with a password.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.
I got it done via Mobile Hotspot on Galaxy 22 Ultra

As for using a remote camera via another phone, or this "remote controller", no ideas about that. For my uses of tethering, is just to share my phone's internet access with another device, like a phone without SIM, a tablet, or a laptop.
It can be done running "TeamViewer". It is available on "Play Store"

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones