• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

College Bowl Games 2023

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I don't follow NCAA football but usually try to watch some of the bowl games. Yesterday I watched Kansas U win their bowl game and tonight I just watched Kansas State win their bowl game. I call these early bowl games the nose pick bowls. They really don't amount to much at all if you don't have a dog in the fight. I'm now watching the Valero Alamo bowl between Arizona and Oklahoma. Az has the early lead 3 zip but I'll be rooting for Oklahoma. They at least play in the big 12 like both of the Kansas teams. I can't say I really have a big care about who wins but it's always fun to root for someone. As I type, AZ just scored a TD. Maybe I'll root for them. :) I was going to watch the Jets Browns game but when I tuned in it was already lopsided.

The better or at least higher profile bowl games are yet to be played. Anybody have a team I should root for?

The bowl games are an absolute joke this year outside of the final 4 teams playing for the National Championship game. Literally every bowl game so far is playing all backups because guys have declared for the draft or have entered the transfer portal. Florida State's 3rd string QB will be the starter, because the 1st string guy got hurt and their 2nd string guy just hit the transfer portal yesterday, while both their top 2 WR's have declared for the draft along with their top defensive player. These bowl games were nothing more than just a glorified exhibition game / reward for a good season, but now they're just a joke. Sorry for the negative rant, but it's really sad to see what they have become.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
No need to apologize... we all get it. The games have been a joke for some time with everyone getting a bowl game or so it seems. I kid you not, Kansas State won the Pop Tart bowl earlier tonight. Now that's something to tell your kids years from now... sheesh. I guess it's good that they get some post season play but it's easy to understand why players don't risk injury and eliminate themselves from the meaningless bowl.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
The Rose Bowl Playoff game between Michigan and Alabama was a real decent college game that went into overtime.
I agree. I thought Michigan was going to win early. I then thought Alabama had the game won. Then it went into OT. It was a good game and fun to watch. Let's hope the Sugar Bowl will be as good. Washing looked to be the better team at first. Texas is playing ball now. It could be another good game in the making.

Upvote 0
I'm glad my Michigan Wolverines won today. That was a real nail biter!
FB_IMG_1704169168796.jpg

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
My son was over and we watched the game. We both were rooting for Michigan and for no particular reason... just like them I guess. It was the best bowl game I've seen this year.... including the Sugar Bowl which has been decent. I've been rooting for Washington. I've not a good reason... I just liked them from the start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones