• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XFL 2023

I think the sport is running on a shoestring budget. It's fun enough to watch and I hope it survives to play another season. I guess the cost of a couple of nets and a couple of guys to pull them up when needed exceeds the cost of a few footballs. :) ....until they put someone's eye out. :)

I don't believe they made it through the whole season the first time they started the league :thinking:

Upvote 0
I don't believe they made it through the whole season the first time they started the league :thinking:
This is my first season to be exposed to XFL. As one who only watches sports, I like it. It is not on the top of my list of things to watch but there is certainly time to see some of their games. I hope they can make a go of it.

Upvote 0
Looks like the NFL may bring up the 4th and 20 "rule" instead of an onside kick, for a vote or discussion in the next league wide meetings. Similar the XFL rules.

Upvote 0
With the Masters rained out I had no choice really, but I'll tell you what that Vegas vs St. Louis game was unbelievable. Great hard hitting game with a lot of action. It went to overtime and I really like the OT format. It's like soccer style penalty kicks, basically each team has 3 tries from the 5 yard line. If there is an offensive penalty the try is no good, if there is a defensive penalty it's half the distance and they retry, unless if the offense scores on the play.

I tried to watch the second game, Arlington vs Orlando, but Orlando is just so terrible their games are hard to watch.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones