Complete list of ROMs, Patches, and Kernels

Last Updated:

1. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With all of the recent development for our g-tabs, i just wanted to put together a list of useful links to ROMs, patches, kernels, etc from XDA/slatedroid. Hopefully having it all in one will help people make an informed decision about which software is best for their needs. I will try to keep this thread as up to date as possible. :cool:

**EDIT: 6/11/11** I am splitting these ROM's into two sections, one for each bootloader. If you need more info on which you have and/or how to switch, please visit this thread: [STICKY] Bootloader information - 1.1 and 1.2 dev branches and what you need to know - xda-developers

1.1 ROM's

Stock Viewsonic: GTab recovery firmware (homebrew and official Viewsonic versions) - xda-developers

Caulkin's G-Tab: Calkulin's G-Tab [ 3991 l Battery Saver script w/ Profiles]

CyanogenMod 7: CyanogenMod 7 for Viewsonic G Tablet

Deck - gingerbread-gtab-deck [2.3.4]

Evervolv: Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4

gAdam: Alternative GTab firmware - NI Adam based - xda-developers

G-Harmony Gingerbread: G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.4 with Honeycomb elements

GtabComb (Honeycomb) - HoneyComb for Bootloader 1.1

TnT Lite: Alternate GTab Firmware - TnT Lite - xda-developers

Vanilla AOSP Gingerbread: Vanilla AOSP Gingerbread w/OC Kernel

VEGAn Tab (FroYo): VEGAn-Tab Build, based off Advent Vega firmware- xda-developers

VEGAn Tab (Gingerbread): VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition

Z-Pad: ZPad Clean for gTablet (GB Theme) - xda-developers

1.2 ROM's

Beasty's 2.2.1 - Beasty's 2.2.1 ROM (Adam) + Clemsyn ver 11 1.5ghz kernel - xda-developers

Bottle of Smoke (Honeycomb) - Honeycomb for GTAB 1.2-based firmware - SlateDroid.com

Brilliant Corners - Brilliant Corners alternative VEGA/Viewpad 10s based firmware - SlateDroid.com

Century Eyes - Century Eyes NI Adam based firmware - SlateDroid.com

Gingerbread Collection (1.1 ports for 1.2) - Gingerbread Rom Collection for Bootloader 1.2 Gtablet

GtabComb (Honeycomb) - HoneyComb for Bootloader 1.2

Flashback (Honeycomb) - [ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb

Illuminate (Honeycomb) - Honeycomb Android Illuminate - SlateDroid.com

Mountain Laurel - Mountain Laurel alternative TnT based firmware - SlateDroid.com

VEGAn Tab (Gingerbread): VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition

Patches
    [PATCH] TnT Stock Enhancement Pack - xda-developers

[Patch] Malware Exploit for all pre-Gingerbread devices

Kernels
    Clemsyn Ver 11 1.5ghz and BEYOND with PimpmyGtab vltage cntrl

[Kernel] 2.6.32.41 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad

Calkulin+Clemsyn 1.5ghz Froyo Combo

[KERNEL] Clemsyn Version 11 PimpMyGtab Underclocking control

[Kernel] Clemsyn's Kernel for 1.2 bootloader only Froyo/Ginger/Honeycomb Version

if anyone finds anything that i do not have listed here, please let me know so that i can add it! :D

Advertisement
    The_Chief, cub2000, cybella and 13 others like this.
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Maybe Pete, Liquid, and others will join the fight. Get a Buglet Beast ROM on the gtablet. :D

But you know, all these ROMS but no overclocking kernels yet. What up with that?!?! jk
    Better get Chevy and P3 too!

3. xmr405o

SolidOrange likes this.
  4. SolidOrange

5. newDroid2010

newDroid2010 Member

Thanks for the list. If someone out there has used them all - a matrix of pros and cons would be awesome to add to this list!

6. NinjaMom

NinjaMom Member

Could someone point me in the right direction to download the stock rom and everything I would need to make my g tab stock again.... Just in case I need it?

Much appreciated <3

7. Aardvark1971

Aardvark1971 Well-Known Member

8. dada1111

dada1111 New Member

I flashed my Gtablet to the TNT lite Rom and it seems to work pretty well and I now have the application Market. Can you tell me if there is a better rom here to flash to my Gtablet? Thanks Tom

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hey folks, my VegaN is starting to get really borky and everything is FCing all over the place. Short of a complete data wipe, any ideas? Maybe wipe Dalvik in Recovery? :confused:

And if THAT doesn't work, there is a stable release of CM7 that I want to install but xda warns to ONLY use CWMod .8 doing it. I have an earlier version of CWMod. Can I just flash the new CWMod update.zip in the old recovery and it will reflash it? How does THAT work? If not, how to I get from Point A to Point B here?

EDIT: NVM, stupid me booted into recovery and I AM running bekit's CWMod 0.8. I'm such a friggin' genius sometimes LOL BUT... the Dalvik wipe didn't work. Everything still FCs so I guess the next step is a complete data wipe and start from scratch on VegaN, unless you guys can think if something else that could be causing this...

Thanks!

EDIT AGAIN: Yep, it took a data wipe/factory reset to set all things right. Sadly, even though I logged into the Tablet's gmail account, none of the apps reinstalled... no big deal, just an inconvenience. So all is well with the daughter's tablet again. For now :rolleyes:

10. xmr405o

Before a complete data wipe and factory reset, try just clearing the contacts apk cache and data. Or maybe a repartition of the internal card if you haven't done that yet. Also, don't forget to nandroid backup, that might save u some time.

Have u tried the HC Rom yet? Its pretty cool especially the Roebeet + clemsyns combo. Usually when something goes wrong with my gtab, I take it as a sign to try something new for a little while then go back to my stable rom if necessary. :D

Fyi- the HC rom uses a different bootloader but I'm sure you'll be ok since your a Rom'ing vet. ;)

11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

A ROMming vet? Yes... an expert at it? HA! And again I say, HA!

Thanks for the tip, XMR, but what the daughter is looking for is a working gTablet, not an experimental platform that needs continuous work and tweaking. So even if I could find a stable HC ROM for it (can't seem to find it yet to check it out), I'm not sure how to go about changing the bootloader. I ROM very rarely these days, as the gTablet's pretty much set on a stable Froyo ROM and my Droid doesn't like Gingerbread - so I've still got all our 3 Droids set on UltimateDroid 2.5 :eek:

I guess you could say I know just enough about rooting and ROMming to be successfully dangerous :D

12. SolidOrange

lots of new ROMs/kernels added today! i also removed some of the outdated/unpopular ones.

brad08stanggt likes this.
  13. SolidOrange

i just split the ROM's by bootloader to avoid confusion for new users; also added two HC builds and a few others from SlateDroid.

watersrules and xmr405o like this.
  14. SolidOrange

Thanks for the sticky xmr!

15. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member

Solid Orange,

The 1.1 version of "Bottle of Smoke" (Honeycomb) has been renamed to GtabComb (alpha 1.6 based on BOS_a6.0). There was much discussion over at XDA on what to call it. It is based on Bottle of Smoke but since Roebeet is not a developer on this one, the name got changed to prevent confusion.

SolidOrange likes this.
  16. SolidOrange

thanks, fixed it in the OP.

17. luvduchovny

No Sweat. :) Besides I like coming to this list to find roms. It's easier to navigate than XDA sometimes (um... most times). :)

18. mtbcpa

mtbcpa Well-Known Member

Is there any source for a quick list of user feedback on each, or maybe a list of strengths and weaknesses? Also, are the HC rom's stable and worth installing for day-to-day use, or just for experimentation for now?

19. luvduchovny

mtbcpa,

The honeycomb roms are in alpha so in theory they aren't meant for day to day use, however, I've found the one I'm using (GtabComb) to be rather stable and I am using it daily. It's not perfect, HD video is lacking a bit because there hasn't been a Tegra driver for anything higher than Froyo yet. But I'm liking it fine.

The rom I was using before this was Vegan Gingerbread (which also doesn't have the HD viewing juice either) but everything else ran really well.

20. mtbcpa

mtbcpa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Just curious, why did you go with GTabComb and not Bottle of Smoke? I think I will give this a try.

21. SolidOrange

Gtabcomb is just bottle of smoke ported for the 1.1 bootloader.

22. luvduchovny

Yep what Solid said. :) I'm still on the 1.1 bootloader and I'm not ready to upgrade to 1.2 yet. If my tablet came with 1.2 on it I probably would have gone to Bottle of Smoke. (I got my tablet back in March, what a difference a few months make). ;)

I will no doubt do the upgrade, but just not yet. :D

23. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

Just saying, the "Deck" ROM that's listed in the first post, is based on the 1.1 BL, NOT 1.2.

SolidOrange likes this.
  24. SolidOrange

Thanks, fixed.

25. plmossjr

plmossjr New Member

Thank you so much for this list! It led to giving the upgrade to gtabcomb 3.3 a try. I now enjoy my gtab more with the new ROM. Thanks!! :D