• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom/Kernel]AWEsome Rom[V1.6]

Connections optimizer and qualcomm stuff were removed from my rom, so that doesnt surprise me lol. Its essentially as AOSP as you can get. I'm currently working on removing ANYTHING non-essential to booting and working with the phone, ie LOTS of code/drawables cleanup. This is a big task for me with my son and office and other projects im working on (for instance I have a working prototype of a Occulus Rift style headset minus all the fancy accelerometer stuff to control mouse inputs for current PC games which the Rift doesnt because the devs are ******** and making the whole thing overly complicated and I'm about to post a kickstarter...just dont tell reddit) so things are moving slowly at the moment. But its getting there

Sounds like, SUPER DEBLOAT! :D I'm all for seeing this. It starts to get touchy after you get the obvious ones out. Though I do love to tweak things, I am very much a minimalist at heart. I just like to know how things work. There are only a few things that I hate to live without on a phone, and removing all bloat is always a priority for me. Please send me a link if you kickstart!

Upvote 0
Man thanks for this. I just saw that you made a YouTube video for are phone. Good job! It is old now but it was new to me. I might make one for the guide I am working on but have had little time plus my desktop isn't so reliable now because my drive has gone bad and don't currently have money for another. I was wondering if you linked your guide here anywhere as I just found it. Again great job.

Upvote 0
Has there been any reports of music screwing up with this ROM I have it installed and keep getting sounds like you get when you were back in the day using a cassette player and the cassette wasn't wound tightly enough that little kinda loopy kind of sound and this is happened on two different players Google's default music player as well as Apollo music player it is happening now multiple places and when I go back to do it it moves to a different place that's why I figure it might possibly be something with the ROM instead of the the files themselves.

Upvote 0
Has there been any reports of music screwing up with this ROM I have it installed and keep getting sounds like you get when you were back in the day using a cassette player and the cassette wasn't wound tightly enough that little kinda loopy kind of sound and this is happened on two different players Google's default music player as well as Apollo music player it is happening now multiple places and when I go back to do it it moves to a different place that's why I figure it might possibly be something with the ROM instead of the the files themselves.
Its not the files or the ROM. Its ZTE's 4.1.2 audio software. It happens to me on stock and Moonshine too. It doesn't happen on 4.4 ROMs though. Blame ZTE, praise phenomx4 lol

Upvote 0
Did these threads die or something?
If you havent noticed I too have been pretty quiet around here. The sad truth is I've moved on. I happened across our good buddy rbheromax who has been working on some incredible developments for the HTC Desire 510 and I just HAD to get in on it. I've been stalking the forums here and have noticed some pretty infrequent postage wondering if others have just gone off to another device as I have? I've still got my AWE and am am still excited to see what comes out these forums so please guys/gals/devs don't give up on our little chugger.

Upvote 0
Did these threads die or something?
If you havent noticed I too have been pretty quiet around here. The sad truth is I've moved on. I happened across our good buddy rbheromax who has been working on some incredible developments for the HTC Desire 510 and I just HAD to get in on it. I've been stalking the forums here and have noticed some pretty infrequent postage wondering if others have just gone off to another device as I have? I've still got my AWE and am am still excited to see what comes out these forums so please guys/gals/devs don't give up on our little chugger.
I noticed it to I'm still here and will b can't aford to get new devices all the time lol

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones