• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom/Kernel]AWEsome Rom[V1.6]

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but you are welcome to try this. http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g2c34bc343243373c999506320eeb1583c341dd459
Please use at your own risk. This file is larger than other Dev created zip packages because of including the Wi-Fi modules and the compression rate that was used on my phone. This is for people who have used, or would like to test if they can use the overclocked kernel from dragonhearts AWEsome Rom.
**Flash through recovery**

Upvote 0
I personally use advanced apk tool for all my apk edits... And gimp for image manipulation:)

Ok. Has anyone tried my current rom with stock kernel to make sure it still works? I plan to rerelease with spocks kernel (if allowed) and my current setup. Might just post a backup of my current setup as a standby tonight if anyones interested in seeing its speed
Will that even work if I post my twrp backup?

Upvote 0
Ok. Has anyone tried my current rom with stock kernel to make sure it still works? I plan to rerelease with spocks kernel (if allowed) and my current setup. Might just post a backup of my current setup as a standby tonight if anyones interested in seeing its speed
Will that even work if I post my twrp backup?

Consider it authorized ;)

Upvote 0
Whats ur future plans with this as it looks like u only added spocks kernel and updated some apps??

thats exactly what i did. i also changed the build.prop to say Awesome Rom 1.5 and changed the dpi to 190 (should post that too)

honestly i just like having a stockish debloated rom with nothing fancy added. thats all i ever wanted to really do with it. i tried to theme it, but didnt work out as well as i hoped so i scrapped that.

what i DO want is the AOSP lockscreen and reboot menu and i could call it done. i dont have time to keep up with it and my son. it runs smooth, looks smooth and just works bug free. thats all i ever wanted

Upvote 0
It flashes fine for me I always manually wipe system. Should I replace my binary with yours? Will this possibly fix the broken flashing?

It will work, I promise. I had to pull the binary from it to make a flashable zip package that wouldn't error in the latest TWRP. The stock ROM will also flash with the same binary. I did some testing after I hit a snag with that same issue when trying to flash the deodexed. Don't accidentally pull the script file though. I did that without realizing it when rebuilding the Deodexed to test some things, and well, it'll boot and run, almost... You'll get force close errors for Qualcomm Enhanced location services, some sort of network problem that happens infrequently where it disconnects briefly and gives an error number, and connections optimizer will also force close. Oh, and theres a nifty little bug where the app drawer shoves icons in a weird 45

Upvote 0
It will work, I promise. I had to pull the binary from it to make a flashable zip package that wouldn't error in the latest TWRP. The stock ROM will also flash with the same binary. I did some testing after I hit a snag with that same issue when trying to flash the deodexed. Don't accidentally pull the script file though. I did that without realizing it when rebuilding the Deodexed to test some things, and well, it'll boot and run, almost... You'll get force close errors for Qualcomm Enhanced location services, some sort of network problem that happens infrequently where it disconnects briefly and gives an error number, and connections optimizer will also force close. Oh, and theres a nifty little bug where the app drawer shoves icons in a weird 45

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I only use the kitchen for deodexing... Learn how to edit script manually... My new moonshine has updated binary if u need it just pull it :) im using old script syntax for those who still use cwm or philz... Sounds like u had permission errors by using wrong script lol... Its always fun when stuff breaks :)

Yeah, I had the script issue come up before in the kitchen. The first thing I ever did with it, was simply decompile and recompile the deodexed, then tried to flash it just to see if I could. And much to my dismay... I quickly realized things throw out errors for a reason lol. I definitely agree. Learning how to write scripts is crucial to ROM development. The worst part about that though, is how much it can vary by device/api, one size never fits all in this case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones