• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Completely No Sound At All

Hello~ New member here! :D :hello:

I've been having this problem for about a month now, and it's driving me crazy. :argh:

Randomly, my S3 will have no sound at all; that includes notifications, messages, incoming calls, alarms, and I won't even be able to play the music in my phone because it says it 'does not support', when in fact it plays fine.

And before you suggest me to try the Blocking Mode, I already did. :p :proud: I never activated the Blocking Mode since I got the phone last year, but I checked the settings anyway, and true enough, all options were disabled.

It's really troublesome because I miss phone calls and am totally oblivious to messages until I check my phone. I even almost overslept for work/meetings because the alarm had no sound. Anyone else has this problem? :dontknow::hmmmm2:

Mine is the 1st version.. And uh.. I have Line, Facebook, Whatsapp, GO Launcher and some others running.. But I make sure to stop them. Not too sure if that's what you meant though.. =p

Oh, and I don't think I updated any firmware other than the ones already in the phone like AllShare Cast Dongle, Samsung Push Service and Samsung Apps. While going through the application manager though, I came across 'Joyn', that I never remember downloading or it being in my phone before.. I've disabled that though.

Also I make sure to update the phone software whenever there's updates, if that helps any.. haha.

Upvote 0
Mine is the 1st version.. And uh.. I have Line, Facebook, Whatsapp, GO Launcher and some others running.. But I make sure to stop them. Not too sure if that's what you meant though.. =p

Oh, and I don't think I updated any firmware other than the ones already in the phone like AllShare Cast Dongle, Samsung Push Service and Samsung Apps. While going through the application manager though, I came across 'Joyn', that I never remember downloading or it being in my phone before.. I've disabled that though.

Also I make sure to update the phone software whenever there's updates, if that helps any.. haha.

Looks like Joyn is a Vodafone app for messaging. Comes pre-installed on their phones...just in case you were wondering.

Here it is on Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.summit.beam&hl=en

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
quickaudi: Yup, volume's all the way up.. And I know because I've played those songs in my phone before.. lol ;)

Umm.. I've downloaded and deleted some apps/games over the month, so I can't remember them all. I don't think I downloaded anything bad though, because I always see what others comment on the app before downloading it..

And uhh.. I'm not too sure how to do the last one though.. =p

Upvote 0
If none of the above works, You may need to wipe the cache partition, do the following:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the buttons.
4. Press the Volume Down key to move to and highlight wipe cache partition.
5. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache partition.
6. After the wipe is finished, go back up till reboot system now is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.

If this fails then, this is not what you want to hear, but a factory reset may be needed to clear old files that are still left from an old OS. Like a clean install on a PC as opposed to a upgrade. I was having problems with mine till the Factory Reset. Go to Settings/Back up and reset, then choose Factory data reset.

Reactions: Krystle88
Upvote 0
hi...

i have a big problem....my s3 gt i9300 completely no sound...no sound call no sound for massage ...sometimeit connot play music or video and it's say not support...my phone always freezing to...when i try to use s voice...it crash or force close....i unroot my divice but it happen after a few week..i try to hard factory erase but nothing happen....when i try test with screen test *#0*# my sound and receiver,i cannot hear anything...when i check in another phone,i can hear something...sory because my english is bad..i'm from malaysia and this is my firmware

AP:I9300XXELLA

CP:I9300BOLK3

CCS:I9300TPLLL6

plezzz help me...i don know what i must do

Upvote 0
Hmmm.. Sounds like the similar problem I had. I just did what GTWalling said to do. It DID get faulty a few times after that, but I kept doing that method. And to be safe, I make sure the sound is working right before I go to bed.. just in case. =p
So you might wanna try that method and see if it works for you too. ^^

Umm.. not sure what you mean by 'unroot', though. And what do you mean when you say you 'check in another phone'?

P/S: I'm from Malaysia too. ;) So just because you're from Malaysia doesn't mean your English has to be bad. Just saying. =)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hmmm.. Sounds like the similar problem I had. I just did what GTWalling said to do. It DID get faulty a few times after that, but I kept doing that method. And to be safe, I make sure the sound is working right before I go to bed.. just in case. =p
So you might wanna try that method and see if it works for you too. ^^

Umm.. not sure what you mean by 'unroot', though. And what do you mean when you say you 'check in another phone'?

P/S: I'm from Malaysia too. ;) So just because you're from Malaysia doesn't mean your English has to be bad. Just saying. =)[/QUOTE

the method say u need to install joyn right??can u install?when i try to install it's say cannot be install in your country...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones