• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer won't recognize my phone

I'm trying to load some media from my laptop to my sd card. When I plug in my usb cord directly to the laptop my phone asks what I want to do I select transfer media but on my desktop nothing is recognized. I have checked my computer where the devices and drives are listed and it is not there I have already downloaded the drivers for my streak. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? BTW I am running windows 7 64bit

Maybe it's your version of Winders :D

Are you having the same problem I am, that Dell PC Suite doesn't see your phone or that your computer doesn't see it?

When you connect your Streak to the PC, a pop-up on the phone asks why you are connecting, with 3 options, which one did you pick?

When I picked option 1 (sync media, etc), my XP PC sees my Streak, even calls it that in the File Manager. I see all the subfolders on the device, etc.

Upvote 0
Wow... I'm doing this for the first time as well. I'm winders vista. Tried to load PC Suite, made it all the way to the final stage and it just hung there till I cancelled it. Found this thread, and even without the PC Suite, I'm now able to transfer back and fourth. Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Basically plug in phone by usb, select the transfer media on the phone when it asks, and "ok"(crucial)... only after you select "ok" it will show up as an external drive under "My Computer" or whatever your own computer says when you look at the drives. There will be an icon of the phone that you can click and go from there.

Upvote 0
nb Mitch,

How did you download your music to your Streak? My streak will not recognize any music that I sync from my Windows 7, 64 bit. it doesn't show up in the music player. Please comment in my post "Streak Won't Sync With Music Player".

Thanks,

rrm333

My newest Streak doesn't recognize the music I copied with the default player, but the aftermarket player I have sees the music fine. I don't get it, but don't really care, I can play my music, so that is all that matters to me.

Upvote 0
Having trouble with my Dell Streak. It now has recurring pop up windows telling me that "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly." and i'm given no choice but to click "Force Close" each time and its looped on that, restricting my access to the rest of the phone. Trying to do a factory reset, but i'm having difficulty saving things like my apps to my sd card from my computer AND i cannot use the phone to reset it. any help with the sd card or resetting my phone via the PC?

Upvote 0
Maybe it's your version of Winders :D
In my booklet XP is the one OS that is NOT mentioned and Windows 7 is on the list. I am using XP and I can't get the streak to talk with the suite at all. I had to download suite off the internet as it seemed not to be in the phone but I am not sure if I have done it properly. It is there apparently on my PC - I am wondering if there is something else I need to do. I can access the phone as if it is a hard drive so as to lift off pictures etc. but just cannot access DellPCsuite.

Upvote 0
It is there apparently on my PC - I am wondering if there is something else I need to do. I can access the phone as if it is a hard drive so as to lift off pictures etc. but just cannot access DellPCsuite.

The DellPCSuite is garbage, I just uninstalled it as it provided nothing of value and constantly started up when my Dell wasn;t connected but would only see the Streak about 1 out of 10 times.

Having trouble with my Dell Streak. It now has recurring pop up windows telling me that "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."
Call Dell if you are still in the first year, they replaced mine with a new device when that happened.

Copied from my service email:

To contact us through email, please reply to this email, and include the following information in the body of the email:
1. Your preferred method of contact (email or phone if you would like us to call you back)
2. Please include your phone number and the best time of the day to call you if phone is your preferred method of contact

To contact us through the phone, please call 1-877-671-3355, select option 1, then enter the extension 7244444

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones