• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Concerning battery life

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and am loving it, except for the battery life. It's decebt on standby with 3g and wifi off, but when I start browsing or playing around with the apps, it dies like crazy. I don't use Live Wallpapers and my wallpaper is black. Is my battery faulty? I get roughly 6-8 hours out of it with heavy use, and 2-3 days if I only use it for calls.

Oh and does having all home screens enabled(7)drain more battery?

Thanks.

^not really, unless youre using them

Videos, web, games - they eat battery. Some certain apps do as well. But in my experience, the display is what kills it the most. Keep your brightness low (or auto) and shut that sceen of every time you dont need to use it and you may see better battery, but then again im not sure how you use your phone exactly

Upvote 0
And does having lots of apps, and seven homescreens with shortcuts and widgets(restricted internet access), eat up lots of battery?

The number of apps doesnt matter, unless those apps are syncing in the background. What I do, whenever i install an app, go into the app's settings to make sure it isnt set to sync if I dont want it to.

Shortcuts on the home screen dont matter either. Widgets will use a tiny bit of battery, depending on how often they refresh. Again, that can be changed in the app's settings.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones