Confused about data roaming

Last Updated:

1. gezh

gezh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I had problems where my Orange contract hero couldn't connect to the new Orange T-Mobile service, so they sent me out a new SIM.

Now, when I manually try to connect to orange t-mobile, it says "can't connect because data roaming is disabled".

I'm not really sure what the implications are of this... whenever I turn this on I get warned I could get charged, and most advice I've searched for says to keep it off. Do I have to have this on to connect to orange t-mobile, and is it safe to do so?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

According to this post over in the Orange forum, yes you do.

Data roaming isn't enabled on my Hero, yet I received notification a fortnight ago that I'd connected to the T-Mobile network during a visit to Glasgow. :confused:

3. philc387

philc387 Active Member

iv got data roaming turned on and have successfully connected to orange t-mobile a few times in places where i know i havent had any orange signal in the past. as far as i know i havent incurred any extra charges and its working well for me

4. tool

tool New Member

i enabled this feature a lil while ago and i noticed my bill went up slightly,how ever,since orange say we wont be charged i'll wait to see how much is deducted from my bank account.
    since i disabled it i am still connecting to t moblie sources according to notifications on my hero..

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You (should) have to have it enabled to connect to the T-Mobile/Orange cross over networks.

And you won't be charged any extra (in theory :p).

Whenever I connect to Orange my Hero displays the roaming logo, and I've not been charged a penny extra.