• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting phone to THRiVE to access SD card

I've attempted to connect my HTC EVO 3D to the Thrive via the USB cable / slot. However, the thrive does not see the connection. I've read else where that this is a Honeycomb issue, as in the same issue as a PC not seeing the SD in the Thrive. Has anyone heard of a work around. I suppose as a last resort I could place the files on the internal storage via a PC then move them to the SD. Just would like a few less steps. Then once I get a majority of the files on the SD I can just use BT.

Has anyone heard of a work around. I suppose as a last resort I could place the files on the internal storage via a PC then move them to the SD. Just would like a few less steps. Then once I get a majority of the files on the SD I can just use BT.

Do the two devices share a common network?

If so, one of several file managers would possibly allow you to transfer files over the network. I haven't tried this with a phone and a tablet, but it works fine between either of them and a computer.

One file manager that will do this is ES File Explorer.

Upvote 0
Yes you are correct. I did decide to try that with astro Bluetooth file manager. Since I normally use Astro on my phone. I was able to transfer the folder and one file then it began to give me errors. I will see what i can figure out tomorrow. Tonight I'll just transfer via a computer. Still I would like to do this wirelessly if anyone knows a better way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones