• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection problems after ISP change.

flutterb

Lurker
Jul 3, 2012
Hi,

I really hope this hasn't been answered a hundred times already - I found the search function a bit hard to navigate with such a large forum.

I've got two android devices - Asus Transformer Prime and Samsung Galaxy Ace and I've been unable to re-establish a wifi connection since we changed our internet service provider. We have a BT homehub router and also a devolo booster, and I can sometimes get the Asus to connect to the homehub, but I can't get either device to connect to the devolo booster. Both devices can find the routers but they get stuck at 'Obtaining IP Address' and can't connect.

I've tried getting the devices to forget the connection settings and put in the password details again, I've reset the routers, I've restarted the devices and turned wifi off and on. I've tried all these several times but no joy. I have no trouble connecting my laptop, and I didn't even need to re-enter the devolo details, so I think the issue is android-specific.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones